He's baaaaack...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BERFAB wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:I used it as insert because I thought it was an audio effect, maybe that was wrong? Maybe I should use it like a vocoder with 2 tracks? :?:

I think I'll read the new manual, the old Enchoir should work similar to the new one...
It's been awhile, but yes, I believe that's the case.
Yup, it seems so:

"Enchoir is a vocoder-based 6-part Vocal-Harmonizer. It can be used to create vocal backing-lines in a short period of time. Enchoir uses a doubling-algorithm to make you sound like you had 20 people singing with you. It can be used for any musical style where you need to either thicken up the lead vocal or have a choir singing in the background."

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/enchoir-by-prodyon

I don't need no vocoder, I sound like a robot from the start :D

n/m
Last edited by Aloysius on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Did he really team up with Douglas John Wilgrove (for the tunes on his website)?

Mr. Wilgrove is a pretty famous producer, 58 years old now, he made Bruce & Bongo "Geil" and other stuff in the 90ies, how could he have found the young Dennis Lenz?...

The "manual" for Enchoir are 12 single JPEG images, is this a joke? If he can program VST, why can't he simply put the 12 pictures in a Word or Writer document to make a PDF with 12 pages out of it? :help:

This could be done in OpenOffice within 5 minutes...
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:I don't need no vocoder, I sound like a robot from the start :D
Enchoir isn't a vocoder ... it's more of a midi controlled melodic chorus/harmonizer effect. Great on lots of stuff, not just vocals.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Enchoir isn't a vocoder ... it's more of a midi controlled melodic chorus/harmonizer effect. Great on lots of stuff, not just vocals.
So I have to put it onto an audio track and route another MIDI track to it? Similar to a vocoder?

yeah ... same kind of setup iirc (havent used it for a while). Here's a video Dennis made for Enchoir:

http://vimeo.com/m/7686976

Okay, so I tested the old Enchoir again (with the right setup), and...it's not bad, it really has some charm if fed with the right chords & voicing. Sometimes a few clicks but if the setting is right, it sounds pretty mellow! Cannot compete with Autotune but it's a nice chorus-harmony effect... :D

Oh dear, here we go again...
I so won't spend a single cent on whatever he'll come up with. Buyer beware is all I can say.

Another PFL "customer" here.

So as a former PFL user from company A I can now buy from company B a further developed company A plugin that I would otherwise get for free :lol: Shady business practices to say the least.

Shouldn't have used the Prodyon mailing list for promoting this..
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Even still, I don't need no vocoder :wink:

Nielzie wrote:So as a former PFL user from company A I can now buy from company B a further developed company A plugin that I would otherwise get for free :lol: Shady business practices to say the least.

Shouldn't have used the Prodyon mailing list for promoting this..
Yeah ... very odd marketing strategy. He did try the same thing a few years back, but there were so many PFL customer complaints that he decided to honour the previous aggreement. The whole PFL thing was a big mistake (for Dennis) imho, but you cant go around asking for money for a lifetime of plugins then re-name your company to avoid your obligations. Especially if you continue to develop the same plugins.

I never bought any of their products and later moved to Mac, so there was no point.

The one takeaway from this I hope is for new developers (whether content or software or both) not to follow this same path.

I have yet to see a profitable model when offering a "lifetime" offer for all future releases. Hell even as a customer most of you should have saw it as a desperate attempt at cash now, as opposed to a company poised for a strong future. I'm not bashing the users, since the bottom line is that the deal was meant to be attractive which is why you bought it.

I don't blame the guy for starting over, especially since it was a bad business model, but offering upgraded versions of your old product line is definitely in poor taste. If you're going to start with a new company, at very least start with new products so as maybe not piss off all your old customers.

elxsound wrote:I have yet to see a profitable model when offering a "lifetime" offer for all future releases. Hell even as a customer most of you should have saw it as a desperate attempt at cash now, as opposed to a company poised for a strong future. I'm not bashing the users, since the bottom line is that the deal was meant to be attractive which is why you bought it.
+ 1,000,000

May it be a warning for future developers not to offer Plugins (free) for lifetime. That was a big mistake of Dennis. There's no (elegant) way out now. I guess it will be like the previous times: Dennis will apologize, then the PFL customers will get Enchoir XT for free, and the story will continue.

However, I have some sympathy for him as his plugins were interesting (and I still love Phenome even if the preset browser annoys me a bit), his sample sets were even pretty good and after listening to his tunes, I must say that they sound quite good, too...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”