He's baaaaack...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote:I have yet to see a profitable model when offering a "lifetime" offer for all future releases
:?:

Image Line FL Studio seems to go from strength to strength ;)

Numanoid wrote:
elxsound wrote:I have yet to see a profitable model when offering a "lifetime" offer for all future releases

do they do an "any new plugin youll get that for free"?
rather than "lifetime of upgrades for what ever product you buy"

Numanoid wrote:

Vurt beat me to it, but I'll still add to this...

You're comparing a single product vs. offering a product line for free. Not the same by any means and you can see that with Image-Line since there are many additional products for them to continue a much needed cash flow for future development.

I just answered the e-mail, asking whether the PFL system extends to the new company. Let's see how this turns out ;)

elxsound wrote:Vurt beat me to it, but I'll still add to this...
So you share computer with him? :?
...since there are many additional products for them to continue a much needed cash flow for future development.
So do you have a full overview of all the products Dennis is involved in, could be other than just "Prodyon" stuff

Numanoid wrote:
So you share computer with him?

yeah, we share an apartment in new york.

vurt wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

I knew it !!! :o :D

Numanoid wrote:
vurt wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

I knew it !!! :o :D
I sleep under his bed.

n/m
Last edited by Aloysius on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I don't understand why Dennis closed down Prodyon and stopped selling the plugins - he developed lots of them, new people are always becoming interested in VSTs every year, so he could still sell them, I don't get it. What happened to Shortnoise? That sounded excellent. Now all you get is a website with a picture of the plugins and you can't even buy them - crazy.

it's more to promote the music.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

somehow his last offers were fishy and i was feeling somehow f**ked over as a customer with his last offers and then he comes back SUDDENLY, dunno about personal stuff but nah he lost my respec.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I've asked Dennis whether the PFL membership carries over to Dreizehnwatt and apparently yes, it does. I immediately got my download link for EnchoirXT. That was unexpected!

So if you're a PFL customer and you're interested in the new stuff I'd suggest to shoot him an e-mail.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”