Why I think Daft Punk Won The Grammies

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, anyone who can coax Giorgio Moroder and Niles Rogers out of semi-retirement is all right by me...
(Paging Kelly Marie.....)

Because they use autotune. Everything with autotune turns into gold pressed latinum.

hibidy wrote:Because they use autotune. Everything with autotune turns into gold pressed latinum.

Autotune?

dw

You've never heard of autotune?

yeah, I have. But I've never heard a song where they used autotune. I admit, I have not heard all their songs.

I figure they use mostly talkboxes, and a little vocoder.

dw

Never cared for Daft Punk , but the masks are great ! They can pay 2 guys or gals to where them and go on tour or even accept there Grammys for them , all while staying at the comforts of home .....

@DW:

Ok, please don't get mad at me, but I had a chuckle :hihi:

It may be achieved one of many ways, but calling it "autotune" or the "cher" effect isn't far off.

Anyways, I was just playing around, but it's true that they use that a lot.

I kinda like this Niles Rogers/who ever that guy is thing. It's stuck in my head. I hate it when that happens.

they won for the same reason anyone wins a Grammy: $

hibidy wrote:@DW:

It may be achieved one of many ways, but calling it "autotune" or the "cher" effect isn't far off.

I kinda like this Niles Rogers/who ever that guy is thing. It's stuck in my head. I hate it when that happens.
hehe,

it's ok :D I just think you're completely wrong when people say it's talkbox when it's really a talkbox.

talkbox
vocoder
and autotune are three totally different things.

Very, very, very different!

This is probably the only time I would ever be "that guy", but I can't help it :D

-dw

that's just me being anal about this

Really? It all sounds like this to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7grDYaYwHNI

on a serious note, I think they are using autotune or some kinda pitch correction.

Phew. And no mention of Ka....
P....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

dusted william wrote:
hibidy wrote:@DW:

hehe,

it's ok :D I just think you're completely wrong when people say it's talkbox when it's really a talkbox.

talkbox
vocoder

Very, very, very different!

This is probably the only time I would ever be "that guy", but I can't help it :D

-dw

that's just me being anal about this
no, I thought the same thing, totally different effects. Peter Frampton would choke you with a rubber hose if you called his talkbox an autotune effect, and rightfully so.

dusted william wrote:talkbox
vocoder
I can't say I ever recognized a talkbox being used by Daft Punk (but it's possible), but I'm pretty sure they use autotune (or one of it's incarnations) and vocoders on their own and in combination.

However, it can be done without such FX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MteSlpxCpo

(which is pretty awesome btw :D)
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Anyone who grew up in the 70's knows that's a talkbox. Their's is hooked up to a keyboard instead of a guitar though.
Frampton comes alive got quite wore out at my house...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”