Why I think Daft Punk Won The Grammies

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i don't want to moan or slipping into a debate about wealth and poverty but it's interesting to read comments from artists about this show.

to make it short,i think hollywood is in a deep recession,the quality of music and movies are just low.
not from a technical point of view but from an overall point.
you can't keep up tension constantly with loads of noises and bizarre over saturated animations for about 30 minutes.

of course they'll find the public but for art lovers this show is a lol-fest.

i didn't even know there was a grammy award until i logged into my mail account and came to kvr.

yeah i watched a video and Paul McCartney was dancing ,well i turned it off.

i hope hollywood will come back to a point to attract a broader public,i mean there was a great time when this was working properly.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Oh I dunno about that. I feel that whatever the music industry is right now, it's bigger than it's every been. I haven't watched an award show in over a decade.

Back to daft punk, I find it ironic that this song that is so popular is performed by a bunch of studio greats and really has absolutely nothing to do with daft punk. But I've decided that I like the song. Oh yeah, and Omar Hakim has a new groove library out.

style is just a dress music is wearing.

Art itself is in a deep recession, broken on the wheels of commerce.

I've been hearing that for nearly 50 years :lol:

1. If they are wearing the masks, nobody can see their reaction when someone else wins.

2. They didn't really win, but whoever was in control of the envelopes thought it would be funny to see how long they could keep the robot schtick up.

3. Pharell Williams and Bruno Mars are secretly godfathers of the record industry. They agreed that Mars would get the halftime show, and Williams would get all the awards.

4. The music industry moguls finally figured out that whatever music they pushed on the masses, they would have to put up as background music everywhere. Since most of these are boomers nostalgic for cocaine fueled anonymous sex at Studio 54, disco makes a comeback. (At least they are forcing Chic on us instead of something Village-People-ish).
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Well, I like very little of what I hear that is popular and this thing is stuck in my head so they did something right.

agree with several above saying(to the effect) that the "music industry" is finally recognising the $$ power of IDM - & let's give the biggest selling act of 2013 a nice golden grammy to show that we get it and we are still relevant

One of the young peoples that I work with feels that Daft Punk is a total commercial sell-out with this last album - no longer authentic with the cliche rap vocals, Niles Rogers guitar parts & Paul Williams accepting speech

I think haters are always gonna hate the successful examples of what they might wanna become
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Maybe they won because they did an album which is actually about music, an homage to some pioneers of dance music and a collaborative effort with various people from different music scenes.
Also maybe because they are among the very few people who can decide to make next summer hit and actually do it? Nile Rodgers being another one of those few people.
I have never listened too much to daft punk but I do recognize they seem know what they are doing, and they have an artistic vision they stick to.

Daft Punk totally lost the Academy Awards. No Nobel Prize either. #daftpunkfail

+1

Sendy wrote:They won because the government is ROBOT LIZARDS
I for one welcome our new ROBOT LIZARD overlords.

:scared:

hibidy wrote:I've been hearing that for nearly 50 years :lol:

And it has been true the whole time.

the grammys have always sought to split the difference between what is the MOST commercial with trying to mask the sheerness of that by some kind of cultural signifiers or 'hipness'. this is no exception.

Once upon a time:

The Mothers of Invention were booked to play at one of the four pre-Grammy dinners on 29 February 1968, at New York Hilton.

The programme announced "Music by Woody Herman; Entertainment by The Mothers Of Invention".

Zappa: "All year long you people manufactured this crap, and one night a year you've got to listen to it...Your whole affair is nothing more than a pompous hokum, and we're going to approach you on your own level".

Then, Zappa recalled,
"We played some of the ugliest shit we could do...they accepted that we play ugly shit"...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”