Talk me into (or out of) cloud storage for backup

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well said/put whyterrabbyt :tu:
A combination of each is the most optimal solution

I've learned the hard way with hard drive failures (including a RAID setup going down, It has been years since that as drive space has gotten cheaper and bigger so I forget the number, The one which is most used for backup use).
I mean it is easy to have a backup of absolute essentials on one's self with the size of USB 3.0 small sized flash drives getting huge! Is it Kingston whom offers a 512GB one currently and will soon offer a 1TB model?
I'll probably pickup one of the 512GB one's myself once the 1TB versions are available. So I'll be able to keep all my most important files in my pocket or rucksack at all times and it'll serve as yet another backup as well as being an extremely practical way of taking stuff to and from other places I take my work to and pickup other's work on projects, collaborative stuff...etc.
So it'll be essentially just an extra offsite backup. Once the price goes down further and storage size increases then it'll be a no-brainer to add more and eventually replace the current slew of big capacity but still moving parts based (read and write head thingy) hard disk drives
Cloud storage is also very, very handy for taking stuff anywhere one goes but it has just the one problem; Being dependent on how fast an internet connection is to have quick access to stuff when not at my own place. Really so far that is the only problem I personally have had with cloud storage with fingers crossed

Cheers :)

Why? The NSA security dictatorship is already doing it for you - for everything you do. No they can't access it all yet, until you do something or accidentally talk to someone on their hot list and end up as a "person of interest." And it's cool, isn't it? After all none of us has anything to hide, we all know all the little fine print laws nobody has time to read, and couldn't possibly be breaking any of them. :borg:

FrankCastle wrote:You can restore your data backup by saving your data in [language]. I suggest you to backup all your accounts by [day of the week]. Once you store your data than it can be easily accessed from any machine. You don’t need to install [name of pet], you have to only login from your favourite social media account. You will be surprised with the security features of the [noun]. Thanks
Spam much ;)

[Mod edit: Changed quoted portion to Mad Lib.]
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:
FrankCastle wrote:You can restore your data backup by saving your data in cloud backup plan. I suggest you to backup all your accounts by CloudCock. Once you store your data than it can be easily accessed from any machine. You don’t need to install CloudCock, you have to only login from your favourite social media account. You will be surprised with the security features of the CloudCock. Thanks
Spam much ;)
Well you just helped by repeating his link and product name.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Well you just helped by repeating his link and product name.
True :clown:

He has already been reported though.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”