Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love the ukulele kid and do not think that's a fail!!

if people like it then thats up to them.
no ones music taste is superior.
enjoy what you enjoy and let others do the same.

should see the look on my gfs face when i play some of the stuff i have here...

"how can you listen to this? its awful it will give me nightmares..."

"hamburrrgeeerrrrr laaaaadyyyyy :singer:"
"they where very, very friendly :singer:"

Doesn't sound THAT bad to me ... heard worse in the cafe for sure. Why waste your time listening to music you clearly despise? Then start a thread about it ... :nutter:

Last edited by Uedi on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://][img]http://[/img][/url]

thecontrolcentre wrote:Doesn't sound THAT bad to me ... heard worse in the cafe for sure. Why waste your time listening to music you clearly despise? Then start a thread about it ... :nutter:
Actually I think it's important to listen to music you don't get on with. I listened through Trout Mask Replica a couple of nights ago. Can't say I enjoyed it, but it was an interesting experience.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

I agree ... no thread about TMR though. Gotta say I love Safe As Milk. One of the best records ever imho.

Okay, the song is pretty average, and I cannot hear a great MIDI programming for the flutes, either - BUT

...the video is great! I wish I had the possibility to make such a funny video for my songs!

If I had known that flutes make you so sexy, I'd have learned playing one as a child. But I hated flutes...

thecontrolcentre wrote:I agree ... no thread about TMR though. Gotta say I love Safe As Milk. One of the best records ever imho.
Amen!
... space is the place ...

Yeah, it's a bit shitty to hate on music. Some of us are a bit snobby, perhaps. I just hear this mainroom stuff and it's not that I don't *like* the music (I don't like it, but that's immaterial), it's that it fills me with cynicism to the point that when I see how popular it is, I feel there's no hope for people who actually like, you know, music. Creativity. What music is for, and not music as some fashion bauble or bandwagon or cash cow. It's the same kind of outrage I feel when I see nurses and cleaners being paid a pittance while those with frivilous careers like footballers and politicians are commanding salaries that are spiraling out of the stratosphere.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:I feel there's no hope for people who actually like, you know, music. Creativity.
The video is pretty creative, some nice ideas mixed together. Unfortunately the music is below average...

Sometimes I think about making similar songs just to go mainstream but then I have a mental brake inside me. I rather make crazy, funny music which is creative than average mainstream tarnce-dance-pop stuff...

Sendy wrote:Yeah, it's a bit shitty to hate on music.
Agreed, it's much more useful to hate on shitty musicians individually. :)

SO f**k THAT DAMN AXL ROSE AND THE HORSE HE RODE IN ON!!!! :x :tantrum: :bang: :smack: :band: :wheee:

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Sendy wrote:I feel there's no hope for people who actually like, you know, music. Creativity.
The video is pretty creative, some nice ideas mixed together. Unfortunately the music is below average...

Sometimes I think about making similar songs just to go mainstream but then I have a mental brake inside me. I rather make crazy, funny music which is creative than average mainstream tarnce-dance-pop stuff...
I'm sure any one of us could "create" a hit that would blow up big. We'd have to remember to banish all creativity which might be quite tricky, but we could do it. But it would go nowhere, because it's all about money, connections and power in that game. And having a sexy bod if you're one of those people somehow born without a penis.

Sendy wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Doesn't sound THAT bad to me ... heard worse in the cafe for sure. Why waste your time listening to music you clearly despise? Then start a thread about it ... :nutter:
Actually I think it's important to listen to music you don't get on with. I listened through Trout Mask Replica a couple of nights ago. Can't say I enjoyed it, but it was an interesting experience.
I listened to that for a few days once, after reading about Captain Beefheart and the making of the album. There were moments where I almost thought I detected some enjoyment about to surface, but it never happened. In the end, I liked everything about Trout Mask Replica except for the music. But yeah, I also think that it's good to listen to stuff you don't like. It's interesting trying to get a fix on what you like or dislike about something, even if, as I think's often the case with matters of taste, you're sometimes working backwards for logical reasons from a visceral response.

IMO Trout Mask Replica is pure genius, although it's certainly not easy listening.
But that's wildly off-topic.

Gimme teh beatz, bro! ;)
... space is the place ...

Sendy wrote:And having a sexy body if you're one of those people somehow born without a penis.
Even average looking girls like Stefani Germanotta can look sexy like Lady Gaga... That's why cosmetic was invented... :P

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”