Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Igro wrote:Everything is subjective. Nobody argues with this statement. Wait, I can tell that I see a cucumber, when others are saying it's a melon? Everything is subjective, right?
no, if its a melon youre wrong, if its a cucumber theyre wrong.

now if you say you like cucumber but dont like melon, then thats subjective. no one can argue and tell you youre stupid for preferring cucumber ovr melon.

vurt wrote:
Igro wrote:Everything is subjective. Nobody argues with this statement. Wait, I can tell that I see a cucumber, when others are saying it's a melon? Everything is subjective, right?

now if you say you like cucumber but dont like melon, then thats subjective. no one can argue and tell you youre stupid for preferring cucumber ovr melon.
Wait, then you are trying to restrict or put limits to the definition of "subjective".

vurt wrote: argue and tell you youre stupid for preferring cucumber ovr melon.
Wait...but I thought that's what the internet was for?

Igro wrote:
vurt wrote:

Wait, then you are trying to restrict or put limits to the definition of "subjective".

well facts, as in whether it is a melon or a cucumber are objective.

Igro wrote:Wait, then you are trying to restrict or put limits to the definition of "subjective".
Subjective identification of real world objects typically singles one out for a stay in the loony bin ;)
... space is the place ...

vurt wrote:
Igro wrote:
vurt wrote:

The whole perception can be subjective. Some people don't see green and red colours (we know that colours actually don't exist at all)

I think we are going in a wrong direction already anyway...
Last edited by Igro on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ntom wrote:
vurt wrote: argue and tell you youre stupid for preferring cucumber ovr melon.
Wait...but I thought that's what the internet was for?

i think it was to help us communcate and better understand the world we live in as a whole.
but dissing on coldplay is more fun ill be honest.

If you see the plant without fruits, you won't see whether it's a cucumber or a melon or zucchini... :wink:

Igro wrote:
vurt wrote:
Igro wrote:
vurt wrote:

The whole perception can be subjective.

I think we are going in a wrong direction already anyway...

yes perception is part subjective, but the facts remain the same.
if you kill and eat a person and claim you killed and ate a fish, your perception of events wont save you from a long prison sentence.

Tricky-Loops wrote:If you see the plant without fruits, you won't see whether it's a cucumber or a melon or zucchini... :wink:

unless youve grown those plants before and know the differences of course.

vurt wrote:if you kill and eat a person and claim you killed and ate a fish, your perception of events wont save you from a long prison sentence.
:P

Tricky-Loops wrote:
vurt wrote:if you kill and eat a person and claim you killed and ate a fish, your perception of events wont save you from a long prison sentence.
:P

a mermaid is neither a fish or a person.

Igro wrote:
vurt wrote:
Igro wrote:Wait, did you read the entire thread? Where did i praise the shit we are talking about? I did the statement that this music IS shit. Vurt, you are always coming into the middle of the thread. :D

I do agree about the mindless robots! :wink:

so tell me, what music do you like?
(martin nonstatic)
Just discovered this guy recently - my taste exactly.

And...an example of music which subjectively probably pleases a niche of people, but is probably difficult to argue as objectively "bad". Whereby the OP was the opposite. Which, I guess is the point...

Well I got my pitchfork ready to join the masturbatory musical snob mob. My firebrand's burning. Lead the way...

I also hate opera, so that's going up in flames too. I don't care how cultured you think you are for liking it.

It's a revolution. No stopping it now!

Next stop, anything with beats in it. Modern repetitive rubbish.

And then synths, because everyone knows they're just a cop-out and real musicians use real instruments like the olden days.

Let's just kill music!

But I'll leave Gregorian monks alone because I speak to the one next door and he let me borrow his wheelbarrow, so he's alright.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:Well I got my pitchfork ready to join the masturbatory musical snob mob. My firebrand's burning. Lead the way...

I also hate opera, so that's going up in flames too. I don't care how cultured you think you are for liking it.
Well you are welcome to join in if your pitch fork is ready.

As for opera, I don't know if this is in response to the sequel of this thread I started or just a coincidence, but I'd just like to mention I don't really listen to opera at all, just the music in the game was something special :)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”