Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Igro wrote:
But i will explain, why these tunes are so popular. They are popular amongst teenagers in most cases, who, besides commercial radio music, don't listen to anything else. They don't surf Youtube for electronic music, so when they got this, it was like "Holy molly f@king shid!! I love this "electro"! it's so creative and new!!"
I have a teenager (18), when her computer is on she quite often is surfing youtube for all kinds of music. I think the reason these videos go viral is because people find it fun to make fun of them :shrug:

FWIW I haven't bothered to watch it, "Something awful" is all I needed to read...kinda like a wet paint sign, I dont check to see if the paint is wet either...I just assume it is what it is ;)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: I have a teenager (18), when her computer is on she quite often is surfing youtube for all kinds of music. I think the reason these videos go viral is because people find it fun to make fun of them :shrug:
Well, that's the problem, is that it's NOT that a bunch of people watched it to make fun of it, it's that it's popular and a lot of people seem to really love it!

why is that such a problem?
i imagine that if i went through your music collection id find plenty i could tell you is shit, would that change your views of it?

^^^^ probably there is a difference in "bad music" and "I don't like it"

Igro wrote:^^^^ probably there is a difference in "bad music" and "I don't like it"
Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best

*Henry van Dyke
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Igro wrote:^^^^ probably there is a difference in "bad music" and "I don't like it"

yes, but the music you like is actually shit, its not that i dont like it. its that it is an assault on the human psyche and makes us into mindless robots. all edm should be consigned to a rocket to the heart of the sun, every recording, every producer and every listener just to save humanity and huge manitees.

Wait, did you read the entire thread? Where did i praise the shit we are talking about? I did the statement that this music IS shit. Vurt, you are always coming into the middle of the thread. :D

I do agree about the mindless robots! :wink:
Last edited by Igro on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Igro wrote:Wait, did you read the entire thread? Where did i praise the shit we are talking about? I did the statement that this music IS shit. Vurt, you are always coming into the middle of the thread. :D

I do agree about rthe mindless robots! :wink:
He's actually been here since the beginning...

Vurt:

We should start a kickstarter to get funds to build a rocket to do just that.

Igro wrote:Wait, did you read the entire thread? Where did i praise the shit we are talking about? I did the statement that this music IS shit. Vurt, you are always coming into the middle of the thread. :D

so tell me, what music do you like?

ntom wrote:

I do agree about rthe mindless robots! :wink:
He's actually been here since the beginning...

Vurt:

We should start a kickstarter to get funds to build a rocket to do just that.
im always here :scared:

i have the rocket, thats not the problem, its tricking all the edm folks on board. im looking at a hitchhikers guide scenarion, telling them its to save the future of mankind.

vurt wrote:

so tell me, what music do you like?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRGCnoJ9 ... P3WmVj8_rk

Someone, somewhere thinks that music is shit (not me, it's quite nice but you get the point?).

Who is right?
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Someone, somewhere thinks that music is shit (not me, it's quite nice but you get the point?).

Who is right?
everybody.
thats the problem with something so subjective as art.

eg: the mona lisa is shit, give me one of pollocks pieces any day.

Everything is subjective. Nobody argues with this statement. Wait, I can tell that I see a cucumber, while others are saying it's a melon? Everything is subjective, right?
Last edited by Igro on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

There are no winners....except the people who will save the humanity by getting on the rocket.

Maybe if we cram Avicci, Martin Garrix, Deadmaus, Skrillex and all the other EDM people into this rocket, hide the launch bay inside a large club venew and entice all the people with a "no cover" poster featuring a hot, young girl unrelated to the event that will get at least MOST of the EDM listeners on board.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”