SoundCloud + mp3skull

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sendy wrote:Thanks ntom... It's up to you... I'm not terribly anxious, but mildly curious. I'd appreciate it but it's your call. I also don't allow downloads on most of my stuff. When I search for "Sendy Music" I get a lot of hits on someone called DJ Sendy :angry:

It would appear Sendy is also an actual name in some places, and it appears to be unisex, so that's double the irrelevant hits :evil:
Yeah, I'll gather up the links and PM you as soon as I can. I got to grab a few more of mine as well.

As for not enabling downloads:
Flash Player is easily hacked and a half way decent programmer who understands flash can bypass the disabled, in player download function, and just download the original source file that was uploaded - obviously a major flaw in Flash, thus why some companies are trying to push HTML5 instead of Flash.
So it's not about whether you have downloads enabled or not. If your songs don't come up on the list of their songs on mp3skull, then it might be a random selection of newly uploaded songs, or something like that, because trust me, I don't have a lot of listens on my music either. And 90% of my music isn't enabled for download.

I think they are just 'ripping' the 128bit stream.

If they are able to access lossless copies of tracks that are not enabled for download, SoundCloud is going to have a problem.
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:I think they are just 'ripping' the 128bit stream.

If they are able to access lossless copies of tracks that are not enabled for download, SoundCloud is going to have a problem.
This isn't something limited to Soundcloud, this is a problem with ALL flash based media.
As I mentioned earlier in the thread there are a million websites that will download the original Youtube video file for you, or just the MP3, or just the video, or whatever you want.

Yes, I understand that.
What Im saying is that they are not likely able to access the original uploaded file on a SC track that is not made available for download.
They are ripping the 128 stream that SC plays.
There is a difference.
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Yes, I understand that.
What Im saying is that they are not likely able to access the original uploaded file on a SC track that is not made available for download.
They are ripping the 128 stream that SC plays.
There is a difference.
Sorry, misunderstood you the first time.

I contacted the user today with all of my links and made them very aware that just removing the existing links is not a permenant solution to the fact they are able to host the music I upload right off Soundcloud.

Not that many seem that interested in this thread, I am still going to be posting updates as this continues.

I contacted Soundcloud support about this as many dozens of my demos and tracks are being distributed on that terrible site. They say that they're ripping the MP3 stream, they're trying to fight it but can't do much about it. It sucks...

Sampleconstruct wrote:I contacted Soundcloud support about this as many dozens of my demos and tracks are being distributed on that terrible site. They say that they're ripping the MP3 stream, they're trying to fight it but can't do much about it. It sucks...
There isn't much they can do really, which is why I contacted the host of MP3skull who kindly siad they would remove the links from the site, but the problem is that it's only a temporary fix, as mentioned above.

there are so many sites out there doing this it would take you all day everyday to get them taken down, for every one you do get it taken off probably 10 or more open up with all the same info and music.
if major record labels cant keep up with it with the manpower they have available do you think you will make a dent in this kind of thing?
waste time trying to hold back the tide or use your time doing something fun? what you do at the beach is up to you of course :shrug:

ntom wrote:I contacted the user today with all of my links and made them very aware that just removing the existing links is not a permenant solution to the fact they are able to host the music I upload right off Soundcloud.

Not that many seem that interested in this thread, I am still going to be posting updates as this continues.
Could you post the hosts email here, please. I sure will contact him and try to stop this, although it's probably a waste of time.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
ntom wrote:I contacted the user today with all of my links and made them very aware that just removing the existing links is not a permenant solution to the fact they are able to host the music I upload right off Soundcloud.

Could you post the hosts email here, please. I sure will contact him and try to stop this, although it's probably a waste of time.
I would if I could. He's done a good job of keeping that hidden. I got in touch with him through their facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/mp3skull.ch

I had to take action first by posting on their wall with screencaps of their site, 2 days later the owner responded to my post asking me to PM him all my links on his website.
I'm going to try to get his email to share privately with anyone who is concerned about this.

I AM NOT going to attack him or make it possible for people to attack him which is why I am not going to post his email publicly, the last thing we want is to make a bunch of asses of ourselves and stoop to a low level.

Well I am one of the ones "chosen" to have my music distributed on mp3skull. I've left a note on their wall asking them to take my stuff down, but I'm not expecting much to happen.

What's really infuriating is that I pay for my Soundcloud account, so not only do I devote most of my free time to writing my music, but I'm paying for the prevelege of having it distributed against my will xD

And it's probably happening to you too, because as much as I'd like to pretend otherwise, Sendy is hardly a household name.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Well I am one of the ones "chosen" to have my music distributed on mp3skull. I've left a note on their wall asking them to take my stuff down, but I'm not expecting much to happen.

What's really infuriating is that I pay for my Soundcloud account, so not only do I devote most of my free time to writing my music, but I'm paying for the prevelege of having it distributed against my will xD

And it's probably happening to you too, because as much as I'd like to pretend otherwise, Sendy is hardly a household name.
Yes, and I can now 100% confirm they run ads on their site, meaning they are making money off of your music. Sorry to say I had to give them a couple of pennies when I turned my adblocker off, but I wanted to confirm.

Deveoplers get pirated - everyone is rightfully enraged.
Artists get pirated - nobody bats an eyelid. :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

It's probably based on value.
It seems far worse if someone pirates a $300 piece of software, as opposed to a $1.20 piece of music
(god times have changed....remember when it use to be 99 cents? I'm old...)

To me, it's not really the value, but the principle of it. Someone preyed on the ones who need the support most. Hell, I can barely keep the things up I need for my music, with web hosting costing me $20/mo and soundcloud $15/mo that's already $35/mo just for the base set of stuff I need to keep my music up. The fact these dickheads get to make money from my music, while I don't even get the exposure from proper crediting, links, referals, or even the statistics of my music from their site....is just maddening.
Yeah, I actually use my Soundclud stats as reference...apparently I'm a huge deal in Canada...well percentage wise based off my plays, over 50% of my plays are from Canada.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”