Why loudness war is good

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

that beaver just blew my mind!

ntom wrote:I didn't want to get involved, but I did...
I gave the link a listen above against my better judgement:
first of all, just because you do a slow piano piece with some strings doesn't magically mean you are good at being a musician.
Secondly, the production is utter rubbish, the highs are ear piercingly sharp, I had to TURN THE VOLUME DOWN because it hurt my ears, which is very annoying because I was listening on a very gentle listening volume.
Secondly, there is some god awful aliasing going on in the upper range too. Just because you know how to use a compressor, apparently makes you think you know how to properly compress data. I had never heard aliasing so bad before from a music stream, not even the Soundcloud stream aliases like that.

you are clearly just a troll because no producer in their right mind would come here and make such a fool of themselves.
:lol: That was the dumbest review of the track I ever seen. Youre trolling, right? But if youre serious. Ennio Morricone - Chi Mai for example will be probably for you even extremely piercingly sharp. What aliasing are you talking about, noob? Theres no any. And its totally impossible, because the track was made in 48 khz, then converted it to 44 with r8brain (best downsampler, russian btw). How much you had smoke today? :hihi: Just replaygain it, if you dont like its glorious loudness. 8)
Last edited by X-Soul on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vurt wrote:in russia track makes you louder!
You're saying it like it's something bad. :hihi:

Do not try to be stupid. Always remember to be loud and Soviet. Sing pride of Soviet at high decibel sound vibration! Let all in world know, Soviet Strong. Soviet dream is fair and truth, Soviet glory same for all, same same same END.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

X-Soul wrote:Because I can listen to songs LOUD on my shitty underpowered devices! Thats why! And if you think if its bad, think again, peasant - because it's damn good!
Have you considered getting some decent monitors / hifi setup?

Sendy wrote:Do not try to be stupid. Always remember to be loud and Soviet. Sing pride of Soviet at high decibel sound vibration! Let all in world know, Soviet Strong. Soviet dream is fair and truth, Soviet glory same for all, same same same END.
Ahaha. Why you need to bring politics to my thread? Btw I love Soviet Union.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88gLWwq5G5M

Amazing song. :phones:
Btw listen to distortion starting at 2 min. It even brings more epicness to the song. :phones:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
X-Soul wrote:Because I can listen to songs LOUD on my shitty underpowered devices! Thats why! And if you think if its bad, think again, peasant - because it's damn good!
I have Beyers DT-250, Sennheiser HD598, Emu 0204 and Essence STX. What hifi setup are you talking about? Lol. I have average loudspeakers as well, but I almost never listerning them, because mostly prefer headphones. Way better resolution and overall frequency response.

ntom wrote:you are clearly just a troll because no producer in their right mind would come here and make such a fool of themselves.
Oh, btw, check my new wip track. Juat a little demo. You will totally understand why loudness war is great! :hihi:
http://rghost.ru/private/53084347/dcc02 ... 0ed5ebe4f8

X-Soul you Snagglepuss you! :hihi:

I hate to break the gag, but how can you prove that you're not trolling? Very strong hints that you are!
Unreasonable, borderline offensive and disrespectful especially to those who don't share your opinion. Calling people pussies? what's up with that? :lol:

If that's your way to make yourself likable or get your point across, it's working! ;)

anyway...
X-Soul wrote:...I almost never listerning them, because mostly prefer headphones. Way better resolution and overall frequency response.
OK, do you really know/believe that? I always thought it was the opposed, as you should get the BEST headphones out there to match good monitors. Headphones are notorious to have poorer spectrum response and sound phasey yet again destroying spectrum clarity. There are very few headphone models that are usable for critical work AFAIK.

X-Soul wrote:mostly prefer headphones. Way better resolution and overall frequency response.
yes, especially in the bass range.. :hihi:

..use at least a decent headphone amp.

ps. track "the sun" is very good btw. arrangment and composition are on a good level. the mix is a different story: it's average to say at best - imo not good for that kind of music because it lacks dynamics the track must "breath" not "scream".
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

X-Soul wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
I have Beyers DT-250, Sennheiser HD598, Emu 0204 and Essence STX. What hifi setup are you talking about? Lol. I have average loudspeakers as well, but I almost never listerning them, because mostly prefer headphones. Way better resolution and overall frequency response.
Cool. But don't expect anyone to take your opinion seiously.

3ee wrote:X-Soul you Snagglepuss you! :hihi:

I hate to break the gag, but how can you prove that you're not trolling? Very strong hints that you are!
Unreasonable, borderline offensive and disrespectful especially to those who don't share your opinion. Calling people pussies? what's up with that? :lol:

If that's your way to make yourself likable or get your point across, it's working! ;)

anyway...
X-Soul wrote:...I almost never listerning them, because mostly prefer headphones. Way better resolution and overall frequency response.
OK, do you really know/believe that? I always thought it was the opposed, as you should get the BEST headphones out there to match good monitors. Headphones are notorious to have poorer spectrum response and sound phasey yet again destroying spectrum clarity. There are very few headphone models that are usable for critical work AFAIK.
Um, haha, just gonna say that the devil in the, no, not only in details, but as well in it's mighty LOUDNESS, thats why most people prefer louder song over quieter, it's a pure nature of humans themselves, you can't argue with this. Thats why loudness war is going on basically. Shitty devices without built in amp for headphones just add more fire to this war. :hihi: And most haters here are just obviously pussies, because they can't handle the truth. 8)

Mine are close to best, if not. Its a glorious DT250 after all.
Poorer spectrum responce? Wat? Theyre way better and can deliver up to 51 khz and down to 5 hz response. You're pretty much delusional. Show me loudspeakers that can handle this with same resolution. :hihi:

murnau wrote:
X-Soul wrote:mostly prefer headphones. Way better resolution and overall frequency response.
yes, especially in the bass range.. :hihi:

..use at least a decent headphone amp.

ps. track "the sun" is very good btw. arrangment and composition are on a good level. the mix is a different story: it's average to say at best - imo not good for that kind of music because it lacks dynamics the track must "breath" not "scream".
Bass range is not a problem at all for headphones. Just grab some DT770 and then tell me about bass range. :D

Tnx about track little review, the mix was intended to sound that pushy. Because it's a Sun after all and if it dies, then we all die. That why the mix is so colorfulm bright and loud. It screams about how miserable humanity is and how beautiful and bright our star. You should watch Sunshine if you haven't seen it yet. The moment, when guy asking about to increase filter on a little part of a percent on his window is really show it.
Last edited by X-Soul on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

i have beyerdynamic for years and know them well but also i know it's technically impossible to go down to 5hz like you think with any headphones and also ofcourse not needed btw. not to mention other problems if you mix with headphones alone.

one thing: if you like the low range response on the beyer i can tell you that they are not linear but linear is utterly requiered to mix properly.. ..but who i am to tell you? you are the only man on earthground who can listen up to 51khz (just like my dog rocky) so i better stop here. have a nice weekend! :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

vurt wrote:that beaver just blew my mind!
:D

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”