Why loudness war is good

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

3ee wrote:I think that only the people who can't really mix well can benefit from the side-effect of over-compression to a certain extent, yes! Note: A good mixed and mastered track can seem loud without sacrificing dynamics and other values.

So, "shitty under-powered devices" require shitty sounding music, you are basically saying just that...
No, I just mean some damn quiet music needs extra gain, because it sounds too quiet on portable devices. And when hardware is on max volume, only maximizer can deliver needed loudness. There's portable amps tho, but its a different story.

X-Soul wrote:
3ee wrote:So, "shitty under-powered devices" require shitty sounding music, you are basically saying just that...
it sounds too quiet on portable devices. And when hardware is on max volume, only maximizer can deliver needed loudness.
he said it again, basically. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
X-Soul wrote:
3ee wrote:So, "shitty under-powered devices" require shitty sounding music, you are basically saying just that...
it sounds too quiet on portable devices. And when hardware is on max volume, only maximizer can deliver needed loudness.
he said it again, basically. :lol:
I just don't think that music with high rms sounds shitty, if its done right. Overall loudness war is good. :phones:

X-Soul wrote:I just don't think that music with high rms sounds shitty, if its done right. Overall loudness war is good. :phones:
loudness war is good? i just think you simply dont know what you are talking about. :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
X-Soul wrote:I just don't think that music with high rms sounds shitty, if its done right. Overall loudness war is good. :phones:
loudness war is good? i just think you simply dont know what you are talking about. :hihi:
I know what it means, mate. :D For me its not a problem at all. Yeah some tracks sounds highly distorted, when maximized to the last bit (around -5db rms, wow), but if its done right, its not a problem at all. Still, if song is good, I will not care if it's have highest rms ever and distorted. After all, most audiophiles listening to vinyls, which sounds like crap. :lol: So what issue with loudness war are you talking about, it's still sounds better than vinyl. Lol.

sooo much trolling going on here... I hope.
Every man and every woman is a star.

http://www.musicalandroid.com/

musical android wrote:sooo much trolling going on here... I hope.
Do you think this song is over-compressed? It's damn fine! -8db rms and sounds MAGNIFICENT. Plus youtube lowered volume. Who cares about dynamics really, only pussies. http://youtu.be/RvKq5xWL2Q4?t=1m8s
Still, even with this compression there's a lot of dynamic range. :D
Last edited by X-Soul on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the loudness war is good because it allows my neighbour to hear the shaggs.

X-Soul wrote:Because I can listen to songs LOUD on my shitty underpowered devices! Thats why! And if you think if its bad, think again, peasant - because it's damn good! Even quietest epic Enya and Enigma songs only benefits from glorious maximizing, they sound like shit until I will MAXIMIZE THEM TO LAST BIT in PlayerPro, then, I could enjoy them FINALLY. Because I want it as LOUD as possible. Everyone want. :P Only damn aspergers :party: can't get :dog: why loudness war is GOOD! :phones:

who listens to enya or enigma other than insurance salesmen on their way to conferences??

V0RT3X wrote:I think any person who wants ridiculously compressed loud stuff has hearing problems and can't appreciate the subtle details of a great mix.

Althought It must be nice when you can't hear inherent flaws in the sound and just take things as they are. I mean it would save you a lot of money right? Just buy a huge pair KRK Rokit 10-3s and use Ozone Maximizer on your tracks and make it as loud as possible and then bam your a instant mastering engineer with a professional opinion.

Actually NO i like learning how to mix properly instead of just making shit super loud.
My mixing skills are 1337 and my hearing as well. You pussy just can't get that maximizing adds lot of drive/power to the track and everyone prefer louder track over quieter. It's a FACT, pussy. :D

X-Soul wrote:Because I can listen to songs LOUD on my shitty underpowered devices! Thats why! And if you think if its bad, think again, peasant - because it's damn good! Even quietest epic Enya and Enigma songs only benefits from glorious maximizing, they sound like shit until I will MAXIMIZE THEM TO LAST BIT in PlayerPro, then, I could enjoy them FINALLY. Because I want it as LOUD as possible. Everyone want. :P Only damn aspergers :party: can't get :dog: why loudness war is GOOD! :phones:
Please don't say you are a musician, never do that, it will be very embarrassing.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:
Please don't say you are a musician, never do that, it will be very embarrassing.
You wanna say that music I make is shit? :lol: What you will say about my creature?
http://rghost.net/private/53077839/649d ... 7e9cc925b4
Should I never say that I'm musician, especially talented musician? I want to see your face, when you will hear my track. :hihi:

in russia track makes you louder!

vurt wrote:in russia track makes you louder!
on kvr louder makes you...

no, your variant is the funniest. :party: :tu:

I didn't want to get involved, but I did...
I gave the link a listen above against my better judgement:
first of all, just because you do a slow piano piece with some strings doesn't magically mean you are good at being a musician.
Secondly, the production is utter rubbish, the highs are ear piercingly sharp, I had to TURN THE VOLUME DOWN because it hurt my ears, which is very annoying because I was listening on a very gentle listening volume.
Secondly, there is some god awful aliasing going on in the upper range too. Just because you know how to use a compressor, apparently makes you think you know how to properly compress data. I had never heard aliasing so bad before from a music stream, not even the Soundcloud stream aliases like that.

you are clearly just a troll because no producer in their right mind would come here and make such a fool of themselves.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”