Copyright infringement or not

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So far Michael Jackson's albums convinced me more to buy them than your Debayzee album "Beat It"... (actually, I bought a cassette of Michael Jackson's "Dangerous" in 1992)

But I hope you won't sue EMI. I hope you're just making fun... Otherwise you'll loose much money against the EMI lawyers and you'll be financially ruined forever...

Anyway, at least you have some comical lo-fi elements in your music which sound pretty funny... :wink:
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For the record, it was me that brought up the Hamburger Lady comparison, not vurt. And yes, I have lost the plot :hihi:

Also, this is a music production forum, most of us are familiar with creating music from scratch and trying to make an impact on the music world. Some of us are "up and coming" ourselves to one degree or another ;)

It's fairly popular to find released music that bears similarities to something you've done.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

The "Beat It" album title bit... i read it to my mate here and she said "you SURE he's not trolling??"
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

i watched all of Futurama recently on Netflix. They have an episode that starts with this image at the bottom and reads "not sure if new episode or one watched while drunk". Is that awesome or what? :lol:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

modobo wrote:Ok, I've heard ye all, I am grateful for all honest comments. You need know that if I felt I was sure I would not bring it to the forum for a second opinion.
Spot on. It sounds like something that I would have heard on the Dr Demento Show. The creepy casio patch over the budget choir patch about 2:30 or so is genius, if you're trying to top rolly polly fish heads. Then the "lead" comes in at 2:39 followed that little ascending stab, and then the shot and the creepy chords.
Seriously, I think he's missing the boat by taking himself too seriously, it's really good bad production. He should send it to college radio, I think that it might have cult appeal. At the very least it belongs in a B sci-fi "zombies from the future" parody of the star wars bar scene.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May I remind u that that album was my first attempt and it was done at a time when computers had just come on the scene and was not so common in use with music. The sounds came from a Yamaha and a Casio, the vocals were all laid down on a Fostex 8 track, I never went to music school but I found I have a creative talent and I tried to make something of it.
Look man, I gave you honest feedback to your original question with solid reasoning, and you responded like a total ass calling those who disagreed with your unfounded beliefs "unprofessional," what exactly did you expect? You set the tone for any future discussion.

Like most of us, your first production wasn't worthy of a release. You should have taken that shit down to the local cassette duplicator, made 50 copies, and given them away to friends. And seriously, you should have sent some to college radio stations that had shows similar to Dr. Demento. BTW: Computers were well integrated into studios as sequencers by 1998, just because they were new to you, doesn't give you a pass for subjecting others to your naiveté. All you're saying is that you were new at the game, everyone was there at some point, most of us have enough humility to not torture the rest of the world with our earliest efforts.

You've inspired me though, I'm going to release an album full of all the nonsense that I've ever bothered to save on tape but probably shouldn't have, I'm going to call it:

"Ghetto Classics: It's Bad, It's Bad, It's Really Really Bad"

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”