Malcolm Young...Stroke?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

http://theorstrahyun.blogspot.ca/2014/0 ... -2014.html
More than a month ago, founding member, rhythm guitarist, co-producer and co-songwriter Malcolm Young had a stroke, which left a blood clot on his brain.

When AC/DC reunited at the start of April to begin a month of rehearsals, in the lead-up to new album recording sessions, Malcolm discovered he couldn't play. At least, he couldn't play like he used to play.

Nothing has been officially confirmed, as of this writing, but friends and family members have been discussing what happened to Malcolm for the past couple of weeks. The blood clot, resulting from the stroke, is believed to be why Malcolm couldn't keep working.
my worst nightmare...hope it's not true
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

No, Billy Squier did the song "Stroke" ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Sad news, but hopefully he can make a recovery from this. :(

f**k shit.

This is sad news :(
... space is the place ...

:(...given the right treatment protocol he should be doing fine ....hopefully....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

That's awful.

Obviously everybody's different in cases like this but there is the hope that having learnt it all once he can do it again. I think it was Rainer Ptachek who forgot how to play guitar after a tumour but then got back to the same level he was before.

Whatever, IANAD so ignore me, just wishing him all the best and hope for a full recovery.

There's hope.
I've got a buddy of mine who went through the same thing. It took almost a year before he could play out again. A year not a lifetime.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Although there's a lot of vagueness about all of this and Brian Johnstone did say that they're planning to be back in the studio.

Probably worth waiting to see what the official statement is that comes out of this.

Pat Martino also recovered from an aneurysm that left him without the ability to play the guitar, and he learned to play again (and is still playing :)).

There's always hope. Plasticity of the brain is still such a mysterious thing, anything can happen.
Still f**king sucks :<

"After forty years of life dedicated to AC/DC, guitarist and founding member Malcolm Young is taking a break from the band due to ill health. Malcolm would like to thank the group's diehard legions of fans worldwide for their never-ending love and support.

In light of this news, AC/DC asks that Malcolm and his family's privacy be respected during this time. The band will continue to make music."
- See more at: http://knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=1 ... F28pS.dpuf
update from the bottom of this page

http://knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=11355

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”