Please can we get a new forum for

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Frantz wrote:
vurt wrote: well ive got my guitarist here for 8 hours or so tomorrow
so you can look forward to a boxset...
Guitarist! You are selling out already?

There is a construction crew using a jack hammer outside. I could record it and release a classic Merzbow album.
it aint the instruments you use, its how you process the living shit out of them that counts :D

no need for a new on here, just redirect them here.

http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/

http://www.idmforums.com/
:borg:

vurt wrote:would also come with a free ticket and bed for the night :party:
This is a crude way to lure The Hidden Goose into bed!

vurt wrote:
The_Hidden_Goose wrote:make it limited edition and you can charge us £300 for it
if youll pay 300 well limit it to one copy! :hihi:
would go someway to funding our upcoming gig, and would also come with a free ticket and bed for the night :party:
If I had £300 spare I'd be buying vsts! There's a few I want atm, but can't really afford
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Frantz wrote:
I've had weirder ones! I had a bloke tell me he'd let me sing on his record put out by his record company (can't remember what it was...it was legit, although not well known) if I let him do me. He'd never heard me sing, nor had any idea that I made music of any kind. Or that I wasn't gay (don't think he cared - think it probably worked for him before!). It was in a gay bar though, so fair enough.

I may have led him on a bit just to get more info on the record label and that. He was a bit greasy and smarmy though. If I was gonna get gay I'd have better taste!
A. The higher the fewer.

Frantz wrote:
It seems vurt got enough problems with his girlfriend as is :clown:

Gimme the details of the gig, and I might pay and turn up anyway. Is it up narf? Been a while since I've made a foray through the Pennines...
A. The higher the fewer.

ras.s wrote:This is a bit off topic, I don't have much to say about the OP, but .. A while ago I was googling for something on KVR and stumbled on this thread, which was a fine read: "The argument that started in vurts song thread thread". It does relate to the subject of sounding like others or finding one's own sound, and it appears vurt's been good at doing his own thing for some time now (that thread is from 2005). There are some good points made in that thread.

Just popping in to link to that thread, carry on.
I'm special.....and you can too!
(I haz vurtbox and gonna be a no!ze starr!)
A. The higher the fewer.

ras.s wrote:
vurt wrote:yeah, cant say ive heard more than a small percentage of his work
and to be honest nothing ive thought i sounded like, but a comparison to anyone even in a small way who is respected highly within your "field" is always a compliment. well as far as im concerned anyway, not that i go out of my way to sound like artist a or b, i just do what sounds right at that moment, if it sounds like someone else so be it.
so long as its not coldplay im ok with it...

This is a bit off topic, I don't have much to say about the OP, but .. A while ago I was googling for something on KVR and stumbled on this thread, which was a fine read: "The argument that started in vurts song thread thread". It does relate to the subject of sounding like others or finding one's own sound, and it appears vurt's been good at doing his own thing for some time now (that thread is from 2005). There are some good points made in that thread.

Just popping in to link to that thread, carry on.
who knew i could inspire such a lengthy debate?
and how rude of me not to have even replied in 10 pages :hihi:

Frantz wrote:
hey, i gotta get my kicks somehow :x

i have several rooms and air matresses and such, it wasnt really a sexual predation.
obviously thats subject to change depending on drug and alcohol intake :)

Numanoid wrote:
Frantz wrote:
It seems vurt got enough problems with his girlfriend as is :clown:

i got 99 problems and only one isnt my gf (i aint callin anyone a bitch even in the context of a joke, sorry)

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:Gimme the details of the gig, and I might pay and turn up anyway. Is it up narf? Been a while since I've made a foray through the Pennines...
it will be in the north to begin with, who knows it may travel :o

hit me up with the details when u got them. especially if u end up in the midlands
A. The higher the fewer.

Tricky-Loops wrote:
nasenmann wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:
Kriminal wrote:So its not working out well then....
Instead of permanently attacking other people here, you could present your hit records and how much money you made with music... I haven't seen you in the Billboard Charts so far... :shrug:
He just made a point via a simple question.
This idealist/individualist approach can really get you stuck not doing anything if you take it too far. I know from experience.

I know krim can sound needlessly pissed off or sarcastic at times but not in this thread so far. You're fighting against thin air :neutral:
Did you read the post of Sendy? This thread is about Sendy complaining about copycats. It isn't about Tricky-Loops and whether his unconventional music makes him rich or not... :smack:
Uh, wat?
If you reread the conversation instead, you'd realise that you brought up the rich and famous thing in the first place. "It working out" or not doesn't necessarily imply anything financial...the first question is if it hinders your creativity.
Stop getting defensive about things only existing in your own imagination, lol

and stop referring to yourself in the third person vernacular, vurt doesnt like this!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”