What kind of music you'd hate?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

anything performed without passion. genres be damned.

I want to rise above this kind of thing. But I better be honest. There is this 'kind' of music that I absolutely abhor. It probably comes under a number of genre tags, but it has to do with 'trance' behaviors and all of it has this plastic, hideous type of synth sound and this form that is de rigeur, it has this quieter, emptier intro; you know it's going to 'build' and then pow you're in this thing, the Four On Teh Floor is here. And then a couple other formal requirements or the cookie cutter is not filled; the drop apparently is one of them. It has this plastic, quantized syncopation that's a primary feature of the "rhythm" every time. It is absolutely mindless.
Everything I've mentioned causes me a physical problem, it makes me nervous and a little sick, no exaggeration. It makes me want to kill. Loud enough - which I can avoid really - would probably make me vomit.

There are genres I don't typically have a lot of time for but for the most part assigning quality through a mere word like that is not for me. Country got tagged a number of times. There is a superficial and glossy type of commercial country that's kind of hideous to me too, but most musics for me can be broken down into two lists; it is all about 'are the musicians doing their job right', yes/no, and a lot can be overlooked if they really are. This tarncey shite is not being done by musicians, it's just legoland in place of a world, so it for me is really unfortunate and a sign of end times.

123... :D :lol: :P :hihi: :hyper: :clap: :phones:
Last edited by SpeedDial on Fri May 09, 2014 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So you make trance then? :P
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

I 'spect so.... :lol:

Anything proclaiming itself to be Tarnce..... :x
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

SpeedDial wrote:jancivil, people like you should be monitored and medicated in a secured area, then put in the other room with your red wine drinking muppet friends.
I hate snobby and uptight people with an elitist attitude who thinks they know it all and have never ever contributed to anything anyway in their pathetic lives. Then i hate everything made by people who think they are better then anyone else because they play an instrument made out of wood, that possibly also have steel strings on it. The so called "real musicians" and the ones that make so called "real music". Opera, Elvis, Country, and Dixieland, is the worst shit ever made. Oldschool rich people who listen to classical music because they have to, but still don't understand it and still thinks they are better then everyone else. I hate those idiots. Also the so called stock music used in ads should be banned. Plenty of skilled and very talented musicians out there that just wait for work. Ah yeah, almost forgot, you don't want to pay for anything anymore.. right..
Maybe i need some "medication? No. I need alcohol and sex for sure. Well, but the damn noise out there made by preppy generic people, old-fashioned fools, is really making my skin crawl. I also don't like people born after 1988, and before 1970. I also hate all the know it all idiots on this site. I was warned about all whining old farts here from my friends before i joined, but i thought if i can piss some of those off i gain something. I am known, I have released music, and I have done production work. That should cover it.
You seem quite unhinged to me. I am unsure as to what you're even saying after looking it over a couple of times. You seem to have quite some resentment to work through and I would think it's based in being unable to cope with music or instruments.

I have no idea what in my remarks has to do with me paying for things. I've paid for what I have, always cash.
I find this sort of rant, 'elitist' and all of this truly pathetic. I have in my life sought to become rather a musical elite and I wouldn't be abashed about that at all. It means I woodshedded countless hours, it meant when I was homeless I spent the entire day in the library researching and writing. I guarantee you I know vastly, next to infinitely more than you, as no one that understands would have the shitty attitude you present to us here.

Jusst to tell an actual story about a person in counter to your story, people that don't appreciate teh tarnce must be elitist, preppy, overprivileged, this vapid narrative you shat forth convenient to express your issues (like it's about teh class struggle. Fvcking poseur.):
I come from below working class in my life, poor white trash mother, less than dirt farmers in the deep south, and my father's side were Irish who chose the side of the law and became police and then prosecutors. My father's father was a chemist that {edit} helped develop a major product and made a pile during the depression from it but my father was the black sheep of his family and kind of cut out of most of the luck.

I chose to obtain some useful chops through classical music, which I only had access to through sacrifice and hard work and pushing for scholarship help. My mother had a sort of tragic hope for me having a better shot at a life through being a classical guitarist, a glimmer of hope when I, a born loser seemed to make a positive move; but it was truly a tale of a day late and a dollar short. But I did obtain some solid background in music and what I do towards the end of my life is my own music and I'm really getting it down. I've been making fantastic music that is truly my own for years now. Who the f**k are you? Who is whining here? The f**king thread is what 'kind of music would you hate'. Do you have something reasonable to say in defense of this plastic, conformist, sorry excuse for music I have characterized, obvious to any discerning or sober person that it was made by absolute mental infants? So you resemble these remarks quite a bit do you? GFY.

I would like to be quite medicated at this moment as I am in TERRIFIC pain physically from an injury I never recovered from being a bicycle messenger in a hit and run that ought to have killed me. But no, I quit a long narcotics habit to get back to music. Which I am actually sort of gifted in. I have been absolutely humble to music and did my f**king due diligence, sonny. I don't know who you think you're having at, but I would say you might want to have a look in the mirror about this medication issue, you're off the rails in a bad way. Maybe you've had quite enough to drink, you know.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri May 09, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

debra1rlo wrote:anything performed without passion. genres be damned.
I think that covers it.

Interesting how much shit Country is getting.

My wife has a couple of Garth Brook CDs <shudder> which are truly the work of the devil but there's plenty of 'rootsier' stuff that's just great. I dunno, Handsome Family and stuff. Even more mainstream acts like Nanci Griffith. Not always a fan of the production but, hell, what a voice.

But what do I know, this is my favourite country tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTsuhJCW5RY

:)

everybody here's doing their f**king job right and everyone really deeply cares and it shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRy53fb_7Sc

GaryG wrote:Interesting how much shit Country is getting.
Not really surprising. This place isn't very redneck. I mean, how many people here, other than me, can identify with any of these lyrics?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_77EvoXGDB8

:o :lol: :P :hihi: :hyper: :clap: :D

debra1rlo wrote:anything performed without passion. genres be damned.
Yeah.

What I don't get is covers with no life in them at all. Take a perfectly good song. A third-rate producer hires a second-rate singer who just needs to pay some bills, they come in to the studio half-asleep and hung over, record a completely lifeless take, producer says "good enough, here's your $20", hires a couple of music school dropouts to record bass and guitar parts for even less than the singer, slaps some canned MIDI backing tracks on, and then sells it to whoever it is that provides the music for office lobbies and elevators.

It's offensive.

And half the time Madonna sounds exactly like that herself.

two things confuse me about this thread

1. what kind of music you'd hate Everyone is answering with music they currently hate but you'd is either future tense or past tense..."you had" or "you would".

2. How is it musicians hate any type of music?

The first one may seem liek a joke but the truth is when I was an immature little brat full of pipe dreams but lacking experience and skill I would say that I hated music, I would say many bands/artists sucked, but that was a lie I was telling myself to overcome my lack of patience and maturity. For the future I hope not to hate any music, there are some genres I do not care for but KvR has opened my eyes to things outside of my personal taste which has expanded my skills and understanding ultimately improving my musical experience 10 fold. (remember you can learn something from everyone)

The second one really gets me, to me hate is a very strong word...I try to keep hate out of my life and even more so haters...what, we cannot appreciate the work of others without liking it? There's a lot of area between love and hate (also a fine line ironically) but if I dont care for it I dont listen to it, no reason to hate though...why would I allow my passion, something I love to also bring out hate? Music is about joy for me, I imagine it's the same for other artists and even though they may not share the same musical tastes as me does not mean I will allow it to make me hate. That only hurts me and I would rather support my contemporaries rather than tear them down...why hate?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

i do music for a living and play in lots of bands and overdub parts in my home studio for lots of other studios and just regular people.

i do trumpet, sax, trombone, and windsynth.

so i want/have to play all styles/genres so not liking any of them would really get in the way and make me miserable.

luckily over time i have grown to like everything and boiled the way i look at tunes as easy-hard rather than bad-good.

for instance when im transcribing charts for horn sections etc. ill listen to the tune and quickly know if im going to be done in an hour or a minute.

so id probably hate anthony braxton or don ellis, even tho i love them.

Hink wrote:two things confuse me about this thread

1. what kind of music you'd hate Everyone is answering with music they currently hate but you'd is either future tense or past tense..."you had" or "you would".
I think there are actually people here that more or less get their point across in this English language even as it's not their native tongue. I think it's not a great place to talk about English grammar accordingly.
Hink wrote: 2. How is it musicians hate any type of music?

The first one may seem liek a joke but the truth is when I was an immature little brat full of pipe dreams but lacking experience and skill I would say that I hated music, I would say many bands/artists sucked, but that was a lie I was telling myself to overcome my lack of patience and maturity.
I think many things suck. I don't think my views are in any way like yours as a child. I think that the thing I said makes me physically uncomfortable cannot be helped by any gesture such as quoting or paraphrasing 'You only hate what you don't understand', or 'there is no better, there are only opinions'. I think that's complete crap. I believe there are things in this world that are objectively complete garbage that I completely understand.
Hink wrote:The second one really gets me, to me hate is a very strong word...I try to keep hate out of my life and even more so haters...
why would I allow my passion, something I love to also bring out hate? Music is about joy for me, I imagine it's the same for other artists and even though they may not share the same musical tastes as me does not mean I will allow it to make me hate. That only hurts me and I would rather support my contemporaries rather than tear them down...why hate?
You're focusing on a word to make it perform as a moral arbiter, though. You do this shit all the time. It's kind of tiresome, your pagro swipe at others that disappoint you morally; although I kind of feel for you having to express your issues online like this. It kind of serves to suck the oxygen out of the room.

It's the internet and people kvetched about what they don't enjoy. :shrug:

I try not to hate people - especially people actually in my real life, as that can eat you up.

When it comes to music (and art in general) I'm happy using and even feeling hate, along with all the other gamut of emotions and reactions that it brings up. It's transient and ok to explore and indulge in imo. In that context, I think hate is as valid as joy as a response.

I'll hate the music, not the musicians. So when I say I hate aviciiwotever I actually mean the music of, and not the person.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”