What kind of music you'd hate?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Who's jay z?

osiris wrote:Jay Z can't get a hit record unless he gets an actual singer on it.
Yeah, I said it............................
This is nothing. I can't hit the record unless I'm actually singing. :dog:

Whaling songs and Sea Shanties. And depressing Irish pub songs.

But frankly, if it's done with honesty and passion, it doesn't really matter what the genre is, I'm in.

A good musician friend of mine once told me that there's no music you don't like, only music you don't understand. I have, on balance, found this to be true. It certainly applies to the Sea Shanties.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

robojam wrote:Can't say there's anything that I hate, but my eyes do tend to glaze over if anyone ever plays a chart hits station on the radio, or a modern country station...
I think bland music is all I'm going to protest about. Anything on Dermot O'Learys radio show, shockingly uniform and acoustic and strummy strummy, pained vocal bllx.

And Elbow.

And Coldplay.

But mainly Elbow.

And Gary fecking Barlow. How does he have a career? The beigest songwriter ever, there's a good reason his solo career failed first time around...

Warbly operatic singing.

Hate it. Maybe I don't understand it. That doesn't stop me from hating it though.

Yeehaw country music (although not all country or american folk music - just that Dolly Parton yeehaw twang type stuff...Maybe there's a name for it....sh!t country music is what I call it).

Certain types of crappy dance music - crappy 90's dance chart tunes up to modern EDM Avicviiiciciciwotever type stuff make my swede throb with spongey hatewaves - possibly because it's stuff I would like, done in a way that makes me not like it, and also made me shy away from the good dance and electronic music for a few years.

Dubstep I like, just not that farty bass that sounds like it's being ripped from a knackered speaker's arse. I like subs to be...well....subs! That sound tends to appear a lot in UK Grime, which I also don't like much, although I've heard some that doesn't sound like every other grime track in da world and not hated that. It's not so much that yookay laaaandaaan fing wot I hate (although I int keen innit) it's the farty sound quality that a lot of it seems to have with that crappy zipping bass that spends all it's time in the middle frequencies when it should be just punching me in the gut with sub. That's what I fink anyway, raaayt.

edt: speelonk mitsakes and rong wordaging
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

GaryG wrote:
robojam wrote:Can't say there's anything that I hate, but my eyes do tend to glaze over if anyone ever plays a chart hits station on the radio, or a modern country station...
I think bland music is all I'm going to protest about.
That's it for me too really. Not that the composition is necessarily bland, but that the arrangement and production is formulaic and bland. Once in a while something will stand out, but with chart shows and country music everyone seems so scared to take a risk.

it depends on my mood harhar

usually i don't like stuff made in the 80's, by people, who were successful (and made great stuff) in the first half of the 70's or in the 60's. eg. Pink Floyd, Serge Gainsbourg, Jackson Browne, Genesis, Temptations, Bowie etc. etc.

:help:
"It dreamed itself along"

Spotify has a 'chill' playlist that is all Billboard 100 hits, but done as acoustic covers. Although there's the occasional clunker, for the most part, the songs themselves really hold up. Most, IMHO, are better than the originals. I even find that I like the latest Miley Cirus pap/crap.

-B
Berfab

Anything by that shit-assclown band Nickelback. God they suck so bad.

BERFAB wrote:
Spotify has a 'chill' playlist that is all Billboard 100 hits, but done as acoustic covers. Although there's the occasional clunker, for the most part, the songs themselves really hold up. Most, IMHO, are better than the originals. I even find that I like the latest Miley Cirus pap/crap.

-B
A young chap I know made a miley cyrus tune (that wrecking ball thingy) with an even younger singer and they've made it sound quite nice with just guitar and voice.

I didn't recognise it until the verse, they did it so differently.
A. The higher the fewer.

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:
BERFAB wrote:

-B
A young chap I know made a miley cyrus tune (that wrecking ball thingy) with an even younger singer and they've made it sound quite nice with just guitar and voice.

I didn't recognise it until the verse, they did it so differently.
The "Wrecking Ball" cover on the Spotify list is by an artist listed as "Two Worlds."
It's quite good. If that's your friend, kudos to him.

-B
Berfab

Just youtubed it...not the same people. This version isn't my cuppa tea, but I prefer it to the cyrus version. I'm not a fan of the power-ballad chorus thing that's in a lot of mainstream pop, so I'll pretty much always prefer them done more lo-key.
A. The higher the fewer.

phlendo wrote:Anything by that shit-assclown band Nickelback. God they suck so bad.
I thought that was a given and that we are only talking about other acts that maybe aren't so obvious?

:hihi:

Hate is a strong word.

I reserve it for Polyphonic Spree and that Paul McCartney Christmas song.

And a lot of other Christmas songs. And that pop song where the lyrics go "ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever" or the like. And the one where the guy is telling a girl she's beautiful because she doesn't know that she's beautiful. And whatever that terrible rap song was where somebody was repeatedly bragging about f***** all his n******. And anything played for children by a Radio Disney booth at malls and events. And "Rock & Roll Heart" which is one of the least rocking songs ever. And "My Humps." And Bjork's a capella album. And NIN's "With Teeth."

Zombie Queen wrote:
osiris wrote:Jay Z can't get a hit record unless he gets an actual singer on it.
Yeah, I said it............................
This is nothing. I can't hit the record unless I'm actually singing. :dog:
I got 99 problems, but having to listen to lame z isn't one of them.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”