Support Kitty Brucknell's album

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Kitty Brucknell.
I only post this message here because I'm a fan of hers and think she finally deserves a breakthrough.

Kitty Brucknell is a UK based female singer who participated in the X Factor edition of 2011 where she became a semi-finalist.
Contrary to what many hoped she did not get a record deal and so she has to fund her album herself.

You can help her by pledging a small amount of money here for a pre-order on the album or other stuff:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/kittybrucknell

Here are some videos:

Chains (original song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33F6dA4yNiI

Edge Of Glory (Lady Gaga song):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLMc5ApgPoU

Many others can be found on YouTube.
Last edited by PascalVB on Thu May 08, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Her getting a record deal seemed like a sure thing. :(
Finally!

Apparently not...
By the way: this is no scam. I ordered a DVD from her tour before and it was delivered free of shipping costs in perfect condition.

You lost me at "X Factor"...

It's a no from me.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Image

It's a no from me.
Gary Barlow is in the jury? :o

And where's Mark Owen?

Yeah, somebody goes on this show and is entitled to a lucrative record contract through the 'yea' counts she almost got over by, which should have made the industry automatically green light a career, purely through that? I'm not very concerned with what material support she's lacking, in the scheme of things. People used to know they'd pay their dues somewhat, but now there are these talent battles on the television and the all-knowing audience all votes once impulsively; once that's counted it becomes the determinant. Sure, should work, seems legit. But she didn't even make the 'finals'.

This may not be the most suitable forum for this sort of effort.

I didn't post here to start a discussion about X Factor, but just to mention the fact that this campaign exists for those who are interested :)

But I respect your opinion.

PascalVB wrote:I didn't post here to start a discussion about X Factor, but just to mention the fact that this campaign exists for those who are interested :)

I'm sure you didn't, but on a forum of musicians I don't think you're going to find sympathy for someone who tried to take a short cut to the top and failed. Kudos to her for making it through the selection process, but I wouldn't support her simply because of the path she took to get where she is - I would support her if she was good. I hear a lot of mediocrity in the links, but nothing that would make me go out and buy her music. Her being on a TV show doesn't change my decision that the music is not for me and I'm not sure many other people here would.

PascalVB wrote:I didn't post here to start a discussion about X Factor, but just to mention the fact that this campaign exists for those who are interested :)
Well, I think it's hard to avoid, given what it is. But good luck with this 'campaign', I think for 99% of KVR she's on her own. :)

Yep, a nice singer and looks like a lovely girl.

But there's also plenty out there like her.

robojam wrote:

I'm sure you didn't, but on a forum of musicians I don't think you're going to find sympathy for someone who tried to take a short cut to the top and failed. Kudos to her for making it through the selection process, but I wouldn't support her simply because of the path she took to get where she is - I would support her if she was good. I hear a lot of mediocrity in the links, but nothing that would make me go out and buy her music. Her being on a TV show doesn't change my decision that the music is not for me and I'm not sure many other people here would.
So musicians can only respect those who were lucky enough to be picked up by a record label (extremely rare these days for non-EDM artists) or maybe even only those who do not get signed at all?

Then what about:

- those who fund their album themselves, regardless of whether it is done through crowdfunding or not? (= this campaign)
- those who get discovered on YouTube?
- those who get a record deal because they know the right people, where others don't?
- those who get a record deal just because they are marketable, regardless of talent?

Today's music industry situation is totally different from 20 years ago. There is a lot less budget. A lot of professional studios went out of business, not only because of home producing, but also because a lot less CD's/albums are being sold.
A lot of artists need to do concerts to make ends meet (literally) and the album just serves as a "promo". Even a lot of people who claim to be "fans" will download the album illegally for free.
Record companies take virtually no risks anymore and so some people will then resort to "shortcuts" like talent shows. But does this make them "burned for life"? Is an incredible singer like Leona Lewis "burned for life"? If not for X Factor she would still be working as a receptionist.
Although I do not like the fact that X Factor is necessary for some artists to be noticed, it has become part of the way today's music industry works: minimal risks.

So you can judge her for the X Factor part. But that was 3 years ago. This campaign is about crowdfunding. So anyone interested can participate, those who don't (for whatever reason) can just ignore it :)

Doug1978 wrote:Yep, a nice singer and looks like a lovely girl.

But there's also plenty out there like her.
There are plenty of musicians out there in general. This campaign is about getting the funds to make the album "get noticed". If you think she deserves a shot, you can help. Even if it's because she is a lovely girl :tu:

^^ thanks Pascal, but for me she isn't anything special.

Also, thanks: you've made your thread and directed us to her links. We can now judge for ourselves whether we like her or not.
But you'd honestly be better letting this thread go now, rather than trying to force your fan-love onto other people at KVR. (It will backfire and could end up looking like spam).

Or to put it another way, what's to stop the other hundreds of KVR members also starting up threads to support their favourite artists and drowning the entire site with fan requests?

Thanks for the thread, now let it breath by itself.

the video you linked have some expensive interior and gear rack.
ps. that's a no from me btw.. if the guy(s) who produced her don't believe in any success who am i to think different?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”