Support Kitty Brucknell's album

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tricky-Loops wrote:I like girls and women who know what they want and who have dreams & goals - not only making some kids and hoping that the days go by...
That would be, 95% of mentally sound women then. Most people have dreams and goals, things they're good at. And most mentally sound people want to contribute to society in a meaningful way (say, a more meaningful one than working for a cancer like Mickey Dee's). It's the crumbling infrastructure of the country, the massive and untouchable corruption of the government and other powers that be, the ratio of people to available jobs, outsourcing of jobs, and the prevalence of untreated mental illness (for which the vast majority simply do not care about).

This idea that poor people are lazy is true in maybe 1% of cases - and that goes for men and women, with the difference that women have it even harder, for a variety of reasons that are beyond the scope of this paragraph. Blaming the poor is also an easy political game to play, and one that appeals to the darker sides of those who ARE working hard and barely breaking even.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:This idea that poor people are lazy is true in maybe 1% of cases - and that goes for men and women, with the difference that women have it even harder, for a variety of reasons that are beyond the scope of this paragraph. Blaming the poor is also an easy political game to play, and one that appeals to the darker sides of those who ARE working hard and barely breaking even.
That's not my idea that poor people were lazy. In my experience most poor people in Germany (those who get social benefits to survive) have some kind of disability or health problems, so they cannot compete in this fast-paced economy. While there might be "equality" on the paper, in real life, people with health problems (or disability) rarely get a job... :x

Sendy wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:I like girls and women who know what they want and who have dreams & goals - not only making some kids and hoping that the days go by...
That would be, 95% of mentally sound women then. Most people have dreams and goals, things they're good at. And most mentally sound people want to contribute to society in a meaningful way (say, a more meaningful one than working for a cancer like Mickey Dee's). It's the crumbling infrastructure of the country, the massive and untouchable corruption of the government and other powers that be, the ratio of people to available jobs, outsourcing of jobs, and the prevalence of untreated mental illness (for which the vast majority simply do not care about).

This idea that poor people are lazy is true in maybe 1% of cases - and that goes for men and women, with the difference that women have it even harder, for a variety of reasons that are beyond the scope of this paragraph. Blaming the poor is also an easy political game to play, and one that appeals to the darker sides of those who ARE working hard and barely breaking even.
I can say for a fact that I am a very lucky man for having found my match, my mate and my soul mate. Both Denise and I were adopted and though I am the only father she knows my daughter is really my step daughter. (Denise and I have been together over 17 years and Lauren is 18). All three of us have different last names, but our family is all about love...however Denise and I are in the process of 'making it legal' (I put a ring on it :D ) and my daughter asked if she could change her name to my last name which speaks volumes about the bond of our family. I was not a good father to my 33 year old son when he was growing up, I was not around nearly as much as I should have been, I got married too early and just did not want to grow up (serious regrets). Life gave me a second chance and I am thankful...after my accident I was in a pretty bad place, Denise and Lauren came along and changed my world...beware, in 2 1/2 weeks I am going to be doing some bragging and posting pics when my little girl goes to her prom. Meanwhile I know no matter what life throws at us Denise and I will survive, we fill each others needs perfectly...love is good :)

FWIW the only thing my wife has to do with my music is she likes my songs, otherwise it's my thing and she accepts that just as I accept her right to her things
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Ah, ok. Glad to hear it :) Whenever I hear people talk about mums creating babies and not having any dreams, it's usually directed at the poor and/or unemployed. (In response to Tricky Loops)
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Ah, ok. Glad to hear it :) Whenever I hear people talk about mums creating babies and not having any dreams, it's usually directed at the poor and/or unemployed. (In response to Tricky Loops)
Well, that's a BIG problem in Germany that poor people who get social benefits have much more kids than richer people who could afford having more kids...

But that doesn't have to do anything with Kitty Brucknell.

Hink wrote: (the following is not directed at PascalV8 ) I hope this is the end of my needing to defend my feelings about hate and haters, I have not called anyone out nor pointed fingers at any particular person and I have the absolute right to state my opinion and I have done so respectfully...I would appreciate the same respect in return ;)
100% correct. In Dutch we have a saying: "he or she who tries the shoe should wear it", meaning that when something is said in general, those who feel the need to reply to it are usually the ones who it applies to :wink:

Hink wrote:I hope this is the end of my needing to defend my feelings about hate and haters, I have not called anyone out nor pointed fingers at any particular person
Frankly, that's what makes you so disgusting. Like Jancivil said in other thread, be a man and stop spreading shit over everyone like that. Give names if you are attacking someone.

With you it's always :shrug: and nothing more than :shrug:
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Sendy wrote:I don't know for sure but I think these threads which suggest "artist X deserves your support" always go a bit awry because there are literally SO MANY talented, hardworking artists out there who need a break. It instantly suggests that, yes, you may know starving artists who deserve a break, but THIS one is somehow special or different. That's not an easy thing to live up to.

We also, as artistic people who want a more artisticly diverse world, resent manufactured and overly profit-motivated music as both a destroyer of the ecosystem of music, and a plaything and moneyspinner for rich families and their chums. Going on X-factor and singing that style of music with that style of presentation is going to have people make that connection, rightly or wrongly.

Put the two issues together and you have a recipe for resentment.
I think the ecosystem point is well stated. Also there is quite a glut of this whole thing, there's nothing new to hear and the ubiquity of this thing on the television is consuming way past its acceptable share of oxygen to my view. I think my resentment places here.

From history: I came to resent Kain behind him taking a whole thread out as if to show particular tracks of mine as cacophony (after telling us what turns out to be a straight rendition of the theme of Act 1 of Erik Satie's le fils des etoiles was experimental, formless music, as an opp to have at me in retaliation for things in 'This 16 year old producer has something really special'), but here I just have an opinion about the whole exercise Pascal doesn't agree with, if not resents.

Hype sets up an expectation and I think it's misplaced, and certainly this is not where Kitty is going to locate a base of support for a recording.
Last edited by jancivil on Tue May 13, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PascalVB wrote:
Hink wrote: (the following is not directed at PascalV8 ) I hope this is the end of my needing to defend my feelings about hate and haters, I have not called anyone out nor pointed fingers at any particular person and I have the absolute right to state my opinion and I have done so respectfully...I would appreciate the same respect in return ;)
100% correct. In Dutch we have a saying: "he or she who tries the shoe should wear it", meaning that when something is said in general, those who feel the need to reply to it are usually the ones who it applies to :wink:
What closes the circle of the passive aggressive slanderer :wink:

The coward always wins.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

PascalVB wrote:
This is palaver already. Now a saying, this vapid gesture that, as standalone said, and robojam said above, you think works to obtain closure & a win.

The same respect IN RETURN, Hink? You want respect in return for this endless palaver about haters and hatred, twisting people's meaning into this DISPLAY. Nosir, I do not respect that. I don't take what you did as very respectful. I think your willingness to make that many long threads, and not happy with that, gigantic fonts and bolds is not respect for the space, for one.

You have no use for hearing any of it, though, so it is :bang: as far as that; you have to be right, nothing can touch you. Exactly the opposite of what you want us to believe about you. Practice what you preach.

Hink wrote: I hope this is the end of my needing to defend my feelings about hate and haters
:lol: your need is down to you isn't it. I'm not attacking your feelings, I am talking about your need to twist "I hate country music" or "I hate this thing in tarnce" into telling people what they are. I think this point is actually not hard to understand. When you stop, I have no more point in addressing it.

& When you step down as a moderator here, I can ignore you in perpetuity.

I liked it more when we hated X-Factor.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Tangentially, this is one of the most multi-cultural threads I've seen in a long time - featuring tales of Dutch, German, American, Japanese and British stuff (plus some fine Anglo-Saxon language too...).

Hurrah for KVR: Kountries Very Refreshing.

What a horrible thread.

Certainly looking at a few regulars in a different light (not Hink for the record).

GaryG wrote:What a horrible thread.

Certainly looking at a few regulars in a different light (not Hink for the record).
Probably long overdue for a lock.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”