Support Kitty Brucknell's album

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

spaceman wrote: I don't hate her. Why would I hate her? But do you remember her audition? That's why I don't care about her. She's one of those people who think they are destined for world wide fame and adulation, and they'll try anything to get there, even if it's putting on some act in a televised audition.

To be honest, she redeemed herself by becoming more normal as the show went along. But unfortunately, she's just not talented enough to make it.
I didn't say you hate her, I said some some people hate her.
She is definitely fame hungry. But I like this attitude, I find it entertaining. And I have respect for the fact that she really tries hard to reach her goal. I admire that, people who chase a dream. Even if that dream is something I don't care about. It is a lot easier to just sit in your lazy chair everyday and do nothing with your life.
But maybe I'm a "nut case" myself :lol:
Anyway, I really need to stop answering to these posts :hihi:

People will vote for a singer because "her singing isn't that bad" and she wears dominatrix clothes. The BDSM look is so mainstream these days :hihi:

HURT ME MORE WITH YOUR TERRIBLY DERIVITIVE POP FORMULA! YES MISS, I'M THE AUTOTUNE BITCH FOR TONIGHT! I'M SETTING THE THRESHOLD TO MAXIMUM FOR YOU RIGHT NOW, YOUR HIGHNESS!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:People will vote for a singer because "her singing isn't that bad" and she wears dominatrix clothes. The BDSM look is so mainstream these days :hihi:

HURT ME MORE WITH YOUR TERRIBLY DERIVITIVE POP FORMULA! YES MISS, I'M THE AUTOTUNE BITCH FOR TONIGHT! I'M SETTING THE THRESHOLD TO MAXIMUM FOR YOU RIGHT NOW, YOUR HIGHNESS!
Your post is actually funny :lol:

:) It's all in good fun.

Until someone loses an eye.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

spaceman wrote:/youtube/ terrible
It's not that terrible but it's not really good, it isn't going to do anything even if they cram it down everyone's throat.
Wait, no, I heard twenty seconds or something of the softer one with the fuckedup eyeshadow, that's pretty awful, she's struggling to make the notes too much of the time.

I suspect the OP is really smitten by her tits.

Hi - I've just come across this thread, and I'm pretty disappointed in some of you, and some of these messages are just insulting.

However, I figured I might as well respond, I'm up late and Game of Thrones is still downloading from my Sky box. I know there's a lot of people who have no idea about why someone like me would choose to go on a show like that.
For what it's worth, I think exactly like you all do. Most people that go on it are seeking an easy way to the top, without really understanding what is to be an artist.

However, I can quite clearly state, before I did that show, I had worked my ass off in every grotty grimy venue you can imagine. Not only that, I put every penny I had into my show and career. I was living off nothing. And discovered - there's no nobility in poverty. It's just crap.
I would do show after show where so & so would come up to me and tell me I'm the next best thing, that they could get me a deal, this and that. And you know what? It was all bullshit, and I started becoming cynical, never believing anything and just working to get through the day.

Sound familiar?

So, I started applying for my USA visa. Americans tend to have a "get up and go" attitude unlike those in the UK, and I was getting tired of all the negativity. But without going into detail, to get the green card, I had to "prove my fame/worth" to the us government. It's extremely difficult and I've only just got it, after SIX YEARS and $8000 in legal fees. I know people who have won major awards that are still trying to get it.

So, I figured I'd do X factor. I thought I might get a bit of screen time, get to bootcamp and then yay! Enough press for my visa.

Of course, it didn't work out like that, and just you try quitting when everyone is telling you that you are their big superstar and you are gomna be massive and have everything you want in life.
I did try to quit! Once at bootcamp, then just before the live shows. And then I made a concious decision that I would never play ball - I would be my own artist and do what I want to do. On that show I made sure I had at least some input into everything, from costumes, to staging, choreography and I fought like HELL to get the songs I wanted to sing.

I HATE autotune. I don't even know how to put Melodyne onto my tracks, my producer hates squashing tracks into one big loud mess, and to be fair, I've recorded my vocals for my entire album on 48 track tape. The compression was better and it's a much warmer sound. I comp all my vocals myself, I won't let anyone else do it because I, the artist, want to be in control, and nobody knows my voice (or is as picky) about my vocals than I am. If I do use autotune, it's because tracks nowadays need it. Everyone is so used to hearing perfection that when something is raw - it's deemed as "OMG that wuz soooo out of tune wtf". You can't get around it, and sometimes you have to conform.

And YES, I am success hungry, but I don't give a shit about fame. Fame is a pain in the arse. BUT - it gives you the opportunity to connect your music with countless people, which is why I love what I do. I will do whatever it takes to make it. Even if it means responding to a bunch of music snobs on the internet. Even if it means working my arse off every single day to raise money, to do gigs, to promote myself. Even if it means taking two years to do my album because I'm writing or co-writing every single track myself. Even if it means going on a silly talent show on the telly to get the chance at a USA visa and to make a better life for myself.

Does that make me any less of a musican? No it does not. Personally, I think it makes me twice the musician than some of you can ever hope to be.

I'm brave and fearless and bloody proud of it, and my fans are too. It's called self belief. Try it one day.

Oh - and for those who say I can't sing - why don't you look up a track I did called Chains.

Divahugs xx
Kitty
Last edited by Kittyofficial on Tue May 13, 2014 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

I doubt that going to the United States were an instant guarantee for more success...there are millions of (US) women who want to get more success, too... Much more competition than in the UK... :shrug:

Nothing is guaranteed. But I can tell you that here in the uk, ambition and drive is looked down on - it's better to be "humble" and "self deprecating". I can't deal with that. I got more done in one week in NYC than I had in three months in London.

Any pics? I don't think sex should sell music, I listen to many female artists (Samantha fox, Chely Wright, Shonen Knife), and of course I enjoy the female traits, but I also enjoy cardboard.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

:lol: :lol: What little respect I had for her was lost when she replied to a thread on KVR. You'll never get any respect for the industry doing dumb shit like that. Thicker skin would be a good start. :lol: :lol:

I don't ask for respect - but I don't see it as a "dumb" thing to do when you quite clearly know nothing about me, and berate me for attitudes I quite clearly do not possess.
Perhaps it is you who should look a little closer before you make such snap decisions.
What would you prefer, that I see this written about me and sit on my arse and do nothing? I had the time to respond, and I thought I would, because I can.

Also - you had a "little respect" for me? That's ok. I don't need it. I have all the self respect I could want. Self respect enough to stand up and be counted and stand up for what I believe in.

Kittyofficial wrote:Hi - I've just come across this thread, and I'm pretty disappointed in some of you, and some of these messages are just insulting.
It's called criticism - it's been around a long time, and it's all part of being an artist. Some of it is good, some bad - you need to grow a thick skin to be an artist rather than react to it like you're being called names in the school yard.
Kittyofficial wrote:Personally, I think it makes me twice the musician than some of you can ever hope to be.
So now you're coming here and telling people that you're better than them and that they don't have potential when you know nothing about their level of musicianship? We've heard you sing, so we know that you have pitching problems and thus need to work on it. You know nothing about any of us. That's just arrogant.
Kittyofficial wrote:Oh - and for those who say I can't sing - why don't you look up a track I did called Chains.
Why? The video that was posted earlier had horrible pitching. No one said the studio recording of a song called Chains had horrible pitching. Again, it's called criticism, and most people use it positively rather than throw insults at the musicianship of the people making the criticism.

I think you still have a hell of a lot to learn about the music business, and need to work on how you take criticism.

debra1rlo wrote::lol: :lol: What little respect I had for her was lost when she replied to a thread on KVR. You'll never get any respect for the industry doing dumb shit like that. Thicker skin would be a good start. :lol: :lol:
Missed your post before I posted mine, but yeah the response says a lot about how little experience she has in the business... :hihi:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dear officialkittydivawhatever please post more, it's hilarious

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”