Support buying me this Hello Kitty doll

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robojam wrote:
Hink wrote:so yeah, I just spent two hours jamming away on the Hello Guitar and I had an absolute ball and on top of that I discovered a serious flaw in my guitar tone thinking. I'm always putting hot pick-ups in my guitars, but the Hello Kitty reminded me why I might sometimes want weak pick-ups...one thing is official, I can have just as much fun on cheapy, single humbucker Squire as I can on my Ibanez Prestige (and everything in between) and that's what it's all about :wink:
It's why I love my Telecaster so much. And there's such a huge range of sounds between clean, clean with extreme high or low tone, breaking up, full on overdrive and extreme distortion. It's just so versatile. One of the reasons I loved the Strat I had many years ago (although it's a very different sound).

But as you well know ( :hihi: ), I used to own a 70s Les Paul, which for years was my main guitar and that's totally different too. It had the stock pickups which weren't particularly hot, but along with the fatter sound than the Strat or Tele it also had a good range of sounds.

I think hot pickups have their place, but I tend to prefer something that isn't really hot.
wow great idea Mike...remember I bought a Squire Tele, used the body and pickgaurd only and got the Warmoth Tele Baritone neck and that's how the baritone started. Well, I do have the neck still (only played on for about five minutes), I'm not using the body anymore and I should have all the other parts but it was a tele custom (that was not even a true tele custom because the original like my old 72 tele custom was a single coil in the bridge and a humbucker in the neck)...I could throw that back together :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

There's just something I love about Teles. They sound so unique. Probably something to do with the small body and how the bridge pickup is so close to a very solid bridge. I do like the way you can roll off a lot of that tone too, and get that kind of dulled but thin sound at the bridge.

I'd never think of putting anything other than the standard pickups in one either. Vintage distortion and fuzz is what really gets the sound changed up for me, and it's a great guitar for them.

there may be some good news on this song (Mike you may have seen this on FB), back when I was young my early attempts at bands all had the same friend singing. This song has an 80's metal feel and so the time is close enough. I know for a while he sang in a band but I think it's been a while. I dangled this out here for him on FB and he responded he doesn't know how he can help, but I do and really all that matters is actually having something real after all these years...the first time i ever went into a studio was with him. I want this to happen, I have known him since before I started playing guitar, he lived across the street two houses down...it would be a ball...the man took me to see motorhead on my birthday in 1983.. :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

It would be really cool if it were to happen! Fingers crossed for you that you guys can get something together.

robojam wrote: I think hot pickups have their place, but I tend to prefer something that isn't really hot.
Like something lukewarm?
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

spaceman wrote:
robojam wrote: I think hot pickups have their place, but I tend to prefer something that isn't really hot.
Like something lukewarm?
:hihi:

As one of my heroes once said "It's like fire and ice, basically. I feel my role in the band is to be somewhere in the middle of that, kind of like lukewarm water."

robojam wrote:
spaceman wrote:
Like something lukewarm?
:hihi:
If you can think it, it exists somewhere..

http://www.amazon.com/Lukewarm-Guitar-E ... B0015MFAXE
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

robojam wrote:It would be really cool if it were to happen! Fingers crossed for you that you guys can get something together.

it's looking pretty good Mike, if nothing else it's nice to be talking with him again. So I decided after rerecording the rhythm tracks with the Hello Kitty guitar I wanted to redo the lead track (even though there are some really nice parts to the lead track), the original was done on my LTD neck-thru but my Jackson Kelly (now with an EMG 85 in the neck and a Duncan MT Black Out in the bridge) tone wise is a much better choice. The contrast in tone is the main reason, there are a lot of lead fills (sing a line then respond on guitar kinda thing) and this guitar works best off of the HK...the contrast in appearance between the Jackson and the Hello Kitty doesn't hurt either :hihi:

Ironically both guitars had broken strings on them, both were the "D" string (even a "D" in the tuning I am using), and both broken by a grandchild (which does not bother me in the least). I dont get the Kelly out much because it's shape and size can be awkward in my lap but I forgot how sweet the neck is on this :)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”