IK Multimedia JamPoints

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

anxiousmofo wrote:It does seem that reducing the value of existing jam points by twenty percent is a bait and switch and downright lame. I have no problem with a change in policy on new points going forward, but devaluing people's previously accumulated points is not a great way to engender trust in existing customers.
this :tu:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
donato wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
donato wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:And others haven't heard the saying "sh*t happens"... We've moved forward, most have moved on or forward about it, we'll either see you in July using it or not. Your choice.
Sh*t seems to happen a lot at IK. :hihi:

I wish I could use that line whenever I decided to just change my mind or cover my ass for lying. In the real world that's not good enough for most people.
You just described more than one company there.

No doubt. And people should call them out in their threads. People need to hold companies accountable.
Yes, we are accountable for SampleTank 3 being late. Now it is coming out for release in July, we've stated the pricing options and you are welcome to purchase or not purchase during any of the three stated pricing periods in the pricing structure stated here http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4109

We're accountable for the change in JamPoints policy and I've answered that topic when it has come up, as well as not being able to use them during the SampleTank 3 preorder (again, we could have - and apparently should have in the opinion of some - posted a price 30% higher and allowed use of JamPoints so there wasn't that part of the whole kerfluffle even though it would have been the same exact deal).

Thanks of calling attention to these things so we can answer and get the information to people so they can get more information about our products, JamPoints program, and whatever else is covered during those topics.

Just shows how useless jam points are. in order to for us to use them you would need to mark the product up first. :roll:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Not entirely true. I used jam points for my 432 when it was on initial special. I've also used the for AT3 add ons which to the best of my knowledge they haven't marked up first.

Oh yeah, and when I bought the british bundle when it was on sale.

Everytime there was a product or promotion I was interested in points were ineligible. Don't know how many I have now and now I don't care. I own Sampletank 2, Sonic Synth 2 as well as expansions and a bunch of Custom Shop stuff that I never use. I'll never buy any of the iOS stuff. When you're on a fixed income food and rent wins every time.

Kevin Deas wrote:Everytime there was a product or promotion I was interested in points were ineligible. Don't know how many I have now and now I don't care. I own Sampletank 2, Sonic Synth 2 as well as expansions and a bunch of Custom Shop stuff that I never use. I'll never buy any of the iOS stuff. When you're on a fixed income food and rent wins every time.
yeah, I got an email recently that mine are about to "expire." had a poke around the website, but nothing that I need. if they were good for up to 50%, I would probably consider buying something, but not at 30%. oh well.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

Expire? Is this something new? Are you serious?

hibidy wrote:Expire? Is this something new? Are you serious?
not sure. here's the email:
"Dear michael XXXX,

We are writing to let you know that you have JamPoints in your IK Multimedia User Account that will expire in 14 days on 30 of June 2014. We encourage you to use your JamPoints before this date.

To view your JamPoints balance / status, sign into your IK User Area."
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

:x

That's AWFUL!

Taken from the Jampoints page over at IK:

"Do JamPoints™ and Promo Codes expire?
Yes. Promo Codes expire 2 hours after generating them in the IK Online Shop. If you do not use the Promo Code within the 2 hours they are generated, the unused JamPoints will go back to your balance and you may use them at another time.

JamPoints™ expire after 24 months at the end of the quarter. On the JamPoints™ page in your User Area, it displays when your JamPoints™ were generated."

don1thedon wrote: JamPoints™ expire after 24 months at the end of the quarter. On the JamPoints™ page in your User Area, it displays when your JamPoints™ were generated."[/i]
Another disappointment, which I have now just accepted as a "fact of life", is that, if you spend just some of your Jam Points, one would expect that it would be the oldest ones that get used up first, whereas in fact, no, it seems to use up the most recent ones first.
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

don1thedon wrote:JamPoints™ expire after 24 months at the end of the quarter. On the JamPoints™ page in your User Area, it displays when your JamPoints™ were generated."
Good riddance, I will not cry to see them go

hibidy wrote:Expire? Is this something new? Are you serious?
This is not new, it has been this way. Details available here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints

vic_france wrote:
don1thedon wrote: JamPoints™ expire after 24 months at the end of the quarter. On the JamPoints™ page in your User Area, it displays when your JamPoints™ were generated."[/i]
Another disappointment, which I have now just accepted as a "fact of life", is that, if you spend just some of your Jam Points, one would expect that it would be the oldest ones that get used up first, whereas in fact, no, it seems to use up the most recent ones first.
I'll send that up the line because I didn't think it worked that way, it may not be intended to work that way, so I will report it. Thank you for the heads up.

Thank you Peter :)
(but, a bit like those pigeons who did their business on my new hat.. they'll be long gone by now! :P )
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”