IK Multimedia JamPoints

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see you can only redeem up to 30% with JamPoints now. Didn't it use to be 50%?

You might be right about that... made a small purchase recently and was a bit surprised/disappointed at the relatively low percentage... it does seem like it was higher before... :roll:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Then why buy from them? They have a bad reputation anyway.

Which basically covers the 22% Italian VAT. What a racket.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Yes it was 50%

As far as I remember ...

Many people wanted to use their JamPoints on the special offers announced by IK Multimedia recently and were annoyed that Jampoints could only be used on the purchase of full-price products.

IK Multimedia listened to these users and changed the policy, so that the JamPonits could be used on the special offers, but changed the limit from 50% to 30% as a counter-balance.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

There goes my only reason to buy from them again. Too bad.

Yeah, it's 30% now and they round down. Wanted to use $8 on a license transfer and could only use $6. Not cool.

firepile wrote:I see you can only redeem up to 30% with JamPoints now. Didn't it use to be 50%?
Inflation at play? :P

DarkStar answered quite accurately, but also at the time this change was made we added more ways to get JamPoints like with mobile App Store or Google Play app registration, and more and have added details here (the What's New column on the right): http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints

Also note that we are also in no way responsible for anyone having to pay VAT or for inflation, so contact your respective government if you have issues with those.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Mon May 19, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As soon as people see that they cannot use their JamPoints during sales at all and otherwise they can use them for only 30 % of the MSRP, they'll be disappointed and won't buy more stuff.

Then it would be better to abolish the JamPoints completely and to offer some extra discounts exclusively for their users! :idea:
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Mon May 19, 2014 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EDIT, so jampoints can be used during sales, that's progress :)
Last edited by Numanoid on Mon May 19, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tricky-Loops wrote:As soon as people see that they cannot use their JamPoints during sales at all and otherwise they can use only 30 % of them, they'll be disappointed and won't buy more stuff.

Then it would be better to abolish the JamPoints completely and to offer some extra discounts exclusively for their users! :idea:
I think you both misread DarkStar's post - as soon as the change was made, people WERE able to use them on the very next promotion as this was the intent. I just tested and was able to use JamPoints to reduce the $29.99 VI from the Virtual Instruments Blowout Sale by $9... (JamPoints also work in the T-RackS promo that is currently going on too)

Note this text right on the T-RackS BOGO page:
CAN I USE MY JAMPOINTS REWARD DISCOUNT TO PURCHASE T-RACKS SINGLES FROM THE IK STORE?
Yes, IK loyal users are allowed to use their JamPoints when purchasing from the IK Store.

30% for very next promo sales is a very good decision from IK but why they couldn't leave the 50% for the usual buys like it was? i dont see they interfere each other.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

They ought to do away with JP or figure out a decent way to convert them to credits. Heck, I would rather have a dozen or so credits for a cab in A3 than almost 200 idle JP.

Currently you can use cash, credits, and/or Jampoints to purchase things, and JP just seem to irritate or confound most people because of the limitations (understandable as they may be) on usage. JP seem only to be a reminder we have spent some money rather than in incentive to spend more.

Figure out a way to phase them away, although I do know whatever you do, someone is gonna cry foul...

edited for clarity and accuracy
Last edited by ontol on Mon May 19, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:EDIT, so jampoints can be used during sales, that's progress :)
Only VERY NEXT sales! (Or does it mean "ALL sales"?)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”