Is KVR the forum that's the least EDM out there?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How good that noone asked for your opinion. ;) Unless the concept of quoting as a reference to the post you reply to is new to you.

used to be on tranceaddict in the past
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

elxsound wrote:
Shabdahbriah wrote:
LimboLoves wrote: but sound design is pretty much all edm.
{oh darn} ... who knew? :dog:
I think he means that all (or most) of the sound design questions are EDM oriented.
Ah... good point. :wink:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Gearslutz has many sub forums. The Hip Hop one is fairly mature in nature.

chk071 wrote:How good that noone asked for your opinion. ;) Unless the concept of quoting as a reference to the post you reply to is new to you.
I don't see how the question is unappropriate

deastman wrote:Look, KVR has been around for a while. Some of us old folks aren't particularly into EDM. More recent members are obviously going to be interested in more contemporary forms of electronic music. I think there's plenty of room for everyone.
:clap:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I think if I was doing one genre only, I'd still prefer a wider selection of opinions/replies. You can always just listen and observe on Youtube then.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

bailees7irish wrote:
deastman wrote:Look, KVR has been around for a while. Some of us old folks aren't particularly into EDM. More recent members are obviously going to be interested in more contemporary forms of electronic music. I think there's plenty of room for everyone.
Hear, hear!
It took me a long amount of time to realize this.. the regulars here have typically been older and less appreciative of EDM. Hence, when receiving advice, it (the advice given that is) seemed odd and counter-intuitive to me.. when I was attempting to write in EDM genres! Because no one spoke of their genre production experience.

That is to say, sound/mix/patch advice can be pretty different from the rock and ambient folks to EDM and vice versa. So I find it beneficial often to understand what genres the adviser is interested before taking their advice now. It was a real time waste in the past not realizing this. :dog:

Btw not all of us writing EDM are looking to become famous, clones of a famous EDM producer or DJ, or even get rich (but I wouldn't complain if the money came my way :hihi:). Some of us really enjoy the music and want to make a positive change. :shrug:

So where do people who want to get rich and famous doing edm go?

I really don't care how it works so long as there is lots of loot and praise coming my way without having to leave my apartment.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

chk071 wrote:
elxsound wrote: Anyway, it seems a fair enough a question since KVR is a popular enough place for music makers of all types, so a bit of rinse and repeat is to be expected.
So, let me quote, "Are there any forums like KVR out there that don't cater to EDM noobs?" is in your opinion a fair question to ask?
You missed this: "KVR is mostly technology, but sound design is pretty much all edm."

I would agree with this... KVR is mostly about software tools and people's impressions of those. There really isn't a *dedicate* section for EDM music.

LimboLoves wrote:Most forums, except maybe gearslutz, are geared towards "how to be avicii and get chicks" type of stuff. KVR is mostly technology, but sound design is pretty much all edm.

Are there any forums like KVR out there that don't cater to EDM noobs?

Just want to clarify also, KVR is awesome, i'm not knocking it.
GS is the least EDM.

elxsound wrote:
chk071 wrote:
elxsound wrote: Anyway, it seems a fair enough a question since KVR is a popular enough place for music makers of all types, so a bit of rinse and repeat is to be expected.
So, let me quote, "Are there any forums like KVR out there that don't cater to EDM noobs?" is in your opinion a fair question to ask?
You missed this: "KVR is mostly technology, but sound design is pretty much all edm."

I would agree with this... KVR is mostly about software tools and people's impressions of those. There really isn't a *dedicate* section for EDM music.
There isn't a dedicated section for any style. Electronic music transcends specific genres. And for the record, never in my life did I ask the question "how do I make synthpop" or "how do I get distorted industrial drums" or "how do I slice an Amen break" or "how can I sound like Boards of Canada". If there is any anti-EDM sentiment to be found here, it had more to do with laziness.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:
elxsound wrote:
chk071 wrote:

There isn't a dedicated section for any style. Electronic music transcends specific genres. And for the record, never in my life did I ask the question "how do I make synthpop" or "how do I get distorted industrial drums" or "how do I slice an Amen break" or "how can I sound like Boards of Canada". If there is any anti-EDM sentiment to be found here, it had more to do with laziness.
What about the 'tarnce' mocking and nonsense?

There will always be a contingent who feels the need to mock the latest style. Pop music is about following fashion trends as much as anything else, and fashion is always a prime target for mockery. There were those who mocked trance, DnB, glitch, dubstep, mainstream EDM, and any other recent style you can think of. But an equal number of KVR members joined when each of those styles were in vogue. I like to think that we offer something for everyone. I certainly see tons of questions about how to sound like this or that EDM artist, so there must be plenty of people here who like it.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I'm not gonna get into current EDM and it's trends. Mainly because I am passionately against them. I'm not saying they are worthless and don't deserve the space.

I just wanted to know if there were any websites where EDM wasn't as popular as most of them seem to be. Thanks for those who answered on topic.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”