Do You Lack Confidence In Your Music?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nasenmann wrote:While the music industry is happy to wrap a guy like that up as a product...i think this is just genuine ultra narcissism. That in itself is refreshing to see, when mainstream acts have been doing this thinly disguised modesty act for ages.

I do fremdschäm a little, but it rly cracks me up more. I can even relate in the sense that i might totally go in a similar direction at that level of popularity...i'd just get f**ked in the head. I wonder if kanye has even a bit of bipolar going or if he can keep that up 24 7...that'd be incredible.

http://underbipolarcovers.wordpress.com ... anye-west/

http://mentalhealthrealities.blogspot.c ... mment.html

Do You Lack Confidence In Your Music?
No, but my music is a little dubious about you, buddy.

Oh dear not the "C" word... :lol: :x :cry:

ghettosynth wrote:Let Kanye help you out with that...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/exp/kanye/kanye.html
Thanks for sharing, ghettosynth, that was hilariously enjoyable! :hihi:

On deeper thought: If he genuinely believes what he's saying about himself, I would hope that he doesn't have any psychopathic leanings...

Can't say, but i doubt it.

My guess is that if he goes on to live a long life, some kind of breakdown will be almost inevitable.
But hey, if he comes out alive, who knows? we might see one terrific artist emerge.

I can't help but feel there's some value in a few completely overblown figures like him, being in the public spotlight. There's some quality of honesty that goes with the delusion.
It can be hard to stomach, but is much more interesting than a lot of pop personas that feel pretty much completely synthesized and engineered.

Sendy wrote:Yeah, but I find the gangster rap of the late 80's and early 90's to be a lot more palettable and... believable? Authentic? Sure, it's not my bag, but I can get into it. They're rapping about their life, not some corporate vision concocted to shift the most units.
Well, I don't know. Maybe a small amount of them were talking about their actual life experience...
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

nasenmann wrote:I can't help but feel there's some value in a few completely overblown figures like him, being in the public spotlight. There's some quality of honesty that goes with the delusion.
I could stomach it if the music was there to back it up. If he was a Jackson or Prince then I don't mind the ego. I honestly haven't heard anything form him that marks him out from many other commercial rappers/rap producers.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:
nasenmann wrote:I can't help but feel there's some value in a few completely overblown figures like him, being in the public spotlight. There's some quality of honesty that goes with the delusion.
I could stomach it if the music was there to back it up. If he was a Jackson or Prince then I don't mind the ego. I honestly haven't heard anything form him that marks him out from many other commercial rappers/rap producers.
Mj really was the king of pop though. Isn't there a place in the world of pop for a fool who believes himself king?

Ok, maybe there are a few of those, but i'd imagine no one can beat kanye at that game 8)

MJ was undoubtly great artist, but his controversial appereance was his enemy

I remember seeing a clip with Beyonce where she was on stage rattling on about how many hit records she had yelling album sales figures at the audience and them clapping in return. Pathetic. :roll:

I don't think Kanye is any special quality of aberration, I think it's a pretty dull sort of egotism a lot of celebrated people have but don't so much feature like that.
Dunning-Kruger effect, it's a top-down assessment of self that obviates this whole self-critique mechanism and awareness, I think.
And it's nurture, you don't get like this when you subject yourself to your betters as a matter of course; or if one does do and is this wildly overconfident, that IS some insanity. Nah, I think his momma told him every shit he took was genius and nobody said any different. Only child?

I have no idea. I just know that he's a crime :hihi:

"ima let chu finish, but I'm one of the greatest egotists of all time!"

Nah, i think he's just an idiot who understand how the music industry works. By bigging himself everytime he doesn't have to convince people that his music is good. The mainstream media will brain wash people through his statement.

Btw sampling other people's song is not a sign of genius.
musisikamar.com

a) he's a really big star with diamonds in his teeth (ewwww) and thinks he's gods gift
b) he's no better than one of 5 million other "rappers" and got lucky.

I'm not questioning his work ethic or his drive, just everything else :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”