How do i become a real musician?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:dog:

Uncle E wrote:
xNiMiNx wrote:
trimph1 wrote:Leave my synths aaaaaaalllllooooonnnne!!!!!! :x
Bravo! :clap:
:x :tantrum: :lol: :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Practice.

Hink wrote: so you're only an artist when you're famous :x j/k, I'll get my coat :hihi:
Speaking of which, I've discovered that if you're going to use a condenser mic to record acoustic guitar, it's probably best not to precede the recording session with a couple of nice big bbq pork sandwiches and a couple of beers. A condenser will definitely pick up the sounds that you could probably get away with a gentle and controlled cheek squeezing in normal social contexts. I mean, I've done far worse than that with my sister in the room and she didn't notice, she was probably squeezing of a few herself though, she's like that.

At any rate, yeah, those condensers are gonna pick up all that and then some.

Oh, you said, artist, I read something else, sorry, never mind.

ghettosynth wrote:
Hink wrote: so you're only an artist when you're famous :x j/k, I'll get my coat :hihi:
Speaking of which, I've discovered that if you're going to use a condenser mic to record acoustic guitar, it's probably best not to precede the recording session with a couple of nice big bbq pork sandwiches and a couple of beers. A condenser will definitely pick up the sounds that you could probably get away with a gentle and controlled cheek squeezing in normal social contexts. I mean, I've done far worse than that with my sister in the room and she didn't notice, she was probably squeezing of a few herself though, she's like that.

if I ever come to your studio I'll be bringing my own mics :scared:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

if I ever come to your studio I'll be bringing my own mics :scared:
Don't worry, I use a pop filter, EVERY TIME!

enroe wrote:In the view of the man on the street these "PC-home-constructors"
are not "real musicians". They are not even "musicians". You'll see
everyman shaking his head - a sign of deep disapproval.
I probably won't [see that].

Have you tried singing? (or getting a vocalist on your tracks?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffCEr327W44

I tried being a real musician for a while, but found I prefer being a surreal musician.

Heroin.
Lots and lots of heroin.

And steal everyone else's ideas, releasing them as your own, as soon as possible.

I thought that by simply registering an account at KVR you become a musician.

Yes even the spammers.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

To the OP

You seem to have upset some people by using the term "real"

I think you probably mean well rounded and skilled.

In that case practice as many scales as you can manage in every key every day, then learn as many chords, same as above.

Learn as many songs in as many styles as you can, then it's up to you if you perform live or will be a studio musician.

But one bit of solid advice I can give you. be into music for the music, not for the fashion. Why ? because fashion goes out of fashion.

topaz wrote: But one bit of solid advice I can give you. be into music for the music, not for the fashion. Why ? because fashion goes out of fashion.
I'm into music for the easy women, that never goes out of fashion.

topaz wrote:To the OP

You seem to have upset some people by using the term "real"
I haven't noticed any upset. The thread title is about other threads. There is a whole thing here and historically there have been people upset.

sqigls wrote:Heroin.
Lots and lots of heroin.
This is definitely the path of intelligence.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”