Why does modern electronic dance music sound like...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

caonoize wrote:
trimph1 wrote:Namely it caused me to get my Satie records out and do some black metal versions of them...:x :hihi:
Oh dear. Now I'm going to have nightmares about death metal versions of "Sports et Divertissements." :o

Thanks! :?
Heeheehee :troll: :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

xamido wrote:You old people are boring. If every dance music sounded like the one that you prefer then that's very definition of boring instead. I like variety. I know that every dance music have its era. If i want some rave i listen to 90s, if i want disco i listen to the 70s, if i want new wave i listen to the one from 80s.

It's just trend. Now the trend is a bunch of chainsaw clashing with drilling machine. Just let it be, people will move on soon.

Taste is subjective.
Watch it buster. :x

You'll be old(er) soon...:hihi:
Barry

trimph1 wrote:
xamido wrote:You old people are boring. If every dance music sounded like the one that you prefer then that's very definition of boring instead. I like variety. I know that every dance music have its era. If i want some rave i listen to 90s, if i want disco i listen to the 70s, if i want new wave i listen to the one from 80s.

It's just trend. Now the trend is a bunch of chainsaw clashing with drilling machine. Just let it be, people will move on soon.

Taste is subjective.

In my 70's i want to dance to the newest fart and chalkboard scraping trend alongside my grandkid. :hihi:

(they'll have bionic legs available by then)
musisikamar.com

:x
xamido wrote:
trimph1 wrote:

Taste is subjective.

In my 70's i want to dance to the newest fart and chalkboard scraping trend alongside my grandkid. :hihi:

(they'll have bionic legs available by then)
:hihi:
Barry

Another context with Adrian Belew and people-moving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RlZ4-ZbRog

I have to say the EDM scene here was too much Red Bull since a few years ago. Or just my drinking habits in order to cope with the crowds. Hard to sustain over several hours.
Last edited by xh3rv on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I can stand the layered, sidechained chainsaw leads and the damaged lawnmower bass lines. Only these overloud 4-to-the-floor plastic kicks are making me that dizzy that I cannot dance anymore...

And it's this kicks race that's annoying me: "How can I make my kicks louder and even more louder and bigger and punchier and..." I mean if kicks are all we need to dance, then let's make music only with kicks... :x
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tricky-Loops wrote:I can stand the layered, sidechained chainsaw leads and the damaged lawnmower bass lines. Only these overloud 4-to-the-floor plastic kicks are making me that dizzy that I cannot dance anymore...
In a way you are right. I cannot stand club anymore, they all went too crazy with the loudness and decibel. And in practice, human body cannot sustain all of that crazy loud thumping kick for a long duration.

Besides, i don't think we are their audience anymore. As we learn music and production we enjoy clarity more than loudness. We are not able to listen to music in its entirety if we go to club, especially when the kick and bass is masking the other instruments.

That's my complain actually. Club should have went the clarity way instead of the loudness way. :cry:
musisikamar.com

xamido wrote:That's my complain actually. Club should have went the clarity way instead of the loudness way. :cry:
That's another point: Nowadays most EDM producers are desperately trying to fill the whole frequency spectrum, and that's easy with layering and unisono... But a good song needs to breathe...

stop arguing and keep dancing :hihi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b2T8K2D-ps
www.youtube.com/Synthillator
er... keep on rocking (despite all obstacles :shrug: ) :band2:

Wow, this thing blew up and I still can't understand a good lot of it.

ImageImageImageImage

...a machine that wages war against the soul of the human being. :o
I've got nothing to sell...am I on the right site?

hibidy wrote:Wow, this thing blew up and I still can't understand a good lot of it.
You don't understand most things, though, so par for the course.

Arglebargle wrote:
hibidy wrote:Wow, this thing blew up and I still can't understand a good lot of it.
You don't understand most things, though, so par for the course.
I understand one thing perfectly clear ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pehHOqx7JXg

Yes, it's a few years old now, but still pretty relevant.
A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - FZ

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”