Pink Floyd To Release First New Album in 20 Years

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... l-20140706

Not exactly 'new' in the sense that they started from scratch - seems that it's based on the sessions for a side project from 20 years ago that got shelved.

I'm not a big fan of where they went post-Waters, but I'll give it a listen and see.

David Jon Gilmour (age 68)
Nick Mason (age 70)

New Wine into Old Wineskins?

Still younger than the Stones...

Joke scraped from Guardian comments section:

"If this is songs that were cut from the Division Bell, does this make it the Division Bell End?"

:hihi:
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Joke scraped from Guardian comments section:

"If this is songs that were cut from the Division Bell, does this make it the Division Bell End?"

:hihi:
:lol:

Wow, Division Bell already 20 years old. I remember buying the CD in 95 or so.

But I wish the songs were from a side project from 40 years ago instead... Would love to hear some unreleased early 70's Floyd.

The guitar playing is still timeless, mind. I thought the last Gilmour solo album was excellent.
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

robojam wrote:Still younger than the Stones...
But never quite as overrated as the Stones. :hihi:

robojam wrote:I'm not a big fan of where they went post-Waters, but I'll give it a listen and see.
Eh, I liked Momentary Lapse and I'd be happy for more in that vein. Though my all-time favorite is still Wish You Were Here.

Momentary Lapse of Reason was better than the Division Bell, but to me it seemed to have a couple of good tracks and a lot of filler.

I heard about this, too, checked also to see who was in it. Not real interested in old stuff, nor the Gilmour-only.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:I heard about this, too, checked also to see who was in it. Not real interested in old stuff, nor the Gilmour-only.
+1 The Gilmour and Waters solo projects have never really impressed me.

I still feel their best was pre Wall. I felt the wall was all too depressing and the Division Bell a little to AOR, but still enjoy them.

Personally darkside aside, meddle is still one of my favourites.

Actually I've liked Waters' solo projects much more than Gilmour's, especially Amused to Death.

MFXxx wrote:
RunBeerRun wrote:I heard about this, too, checked also to see who was in it. Not real interested in old stuff, nor the Gilmour-only.
+1 The Gilmour and Waters solo projects have never really impressed me.

I still feel their best was pre Wall. I felt the wall was all too depressing and the Division Bell a little to AOR, but still enjoy them.

Personally darkside aside, meddle is still one of my favourites.
Couldn't agree more. Actually all my favs are pre darkside. Saucerful of Secrets, Meddle, Atom Heart Mother, Obscured by Clouds, More etc. That was my favorite Floyd era (Not that I lived through any of it). Also the Barrett Floyd before that.

Though I must say, Gilmour's On an Island was pretty good. Sometimes reminded me of earlyish floyd.

I think my favorite solos from anyone ever in Floyd were Syd Barretts solos!

robojam wrote:Actually I've liked Waters' solo projects much more than Gilmour's, especially Amused to Death.
Not really a fan of RW or DG solo albums. Except for Amused to Death. That is one of my favorite all time albums. Jeff Beck was awesome.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”