Any news of Bronto Scorpio (Dennis) ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone.

Sorry to bother you - does anyone know if Dennis (Bronto Scorpio) is okay?

Whilst this thread might initially seem a bit of an over-reaction, nonetheless, very unusually for Dennis he has not visited KVR for approx 3 weeks and he has not responded to a couple of my PMs or emails either (he usually posts at KVR approx once every day or so).

I bought one of his splendid synth preset libraries about 10 days ago, for an excellent bargain price of approx £5. But he is yet to send the download links through, and this alerted me to the unusual change in his patterns.
I genuinely don't care about not receiving the preset library - £5 is nothing - but I am honestly a tad worried about Dennis now, given his unusual silence.

Does anyone have any news, or can anyone contact him just to see if he is okay?

Cheers.
Doug

Not sure. There are a few other sites that he's active at, did you check any of those?

Cheers - I wasn't sure where else he is active, so didn't check them.

What sites please?

Off the top of my head I can't think of them, but he has a blog, and I think he sells presets through a few sites, and didn't he have something to do with Antonio Blanca's Dron-e Reaktor ensemble? (www.antonioblanca.com)

I hope he's okay. He always had some weeks every now and then when he wasn't active here...

Thanks Robojam, nothing new since June 1st on his webpage, twitter account, youtube or soundcloud.

http://bronto-scorpio-sound.blogspot.jp/

Doesn't seem to be anything too recent (not since mid-June) on that http://www.antonioblanca.com too.

And thanks Tricky-Loops too: fingers crossed he's alright.

Hopefully Dennis (or someone in good contact with him) will chime in here soon :)

Cheers,
Doug

You can check his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/john.hobart?fref=ufi

On June 21 he got a new release for Soundtrack Loops: http://soundtrackloops.com/shop/genre/d ... oops-midi/

He submitted patches for the Bazille patch competition part 1 and part 2 which where held very recently so I guess he's alive and has been busy :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Doug1978 wrote:Hi everyone.

Sorry to bother you - does anyone know if Dennis (Bronto Scorpio) is okay?

Whilst this thread might initially seem a bit of an over-reaction, nonetheless, very unusually for Dennis he has not visited KVR for approx 3 weeks and he has not responded to a couple of my PMs or emails either (he usually posts at KVR approx once every day or so).

I bought one of his splendid synth preset libraries about 10 days ago, for an excellent bargain price of approx £5. But he is yet to send the download links through, and this alerted me to the unusual change in his patterns.
I genuinely don't care about not receiving the preset library - £5 is nothing - but I am honestly a tad worried about Dennis now, given his unusual silence.

Does anyone have any news, or can anyone contact him just to see if he is okay?

Cheers.
Doug
Doug I have not seen him in a while, but please do not apologize for asking...this kind of caring makes KvR so much the better. Hopefully he is well and on vacation, thanx for posting this :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Many thanks fellas, let's hope he's okay (and just busy).

Cheers.

I haven't got any news but wanted to say the Facebook link above goes to another guy. Bronto Scorpio's real name is Dennis Harms.

Thanks Jensa.

And good point Hink :)

Cheers (and fingers crossed).

bump

Still no news from Dennis?
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

Now I'm worried too!!
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website