When are you getting impatient with your purchase?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just got called impatient by a certain music software company since I had the audacity to ask what is happening with the purchase I made 7 years ago and they themselves promised to finally get me as recently as 5 months ago. Should've I waited for another 7 years and for them to call back instead when that was not happening, so as not to be so impatient with my request as they seem to call it? Or was my question about the possible year I will finally get my purchase at least somewhat reasonable, especially considering the history?

Not a joke, this is really happening. What really gets me in this specific case is that this ordeal has been past me for years already, but the said company themselves wanted to resolve the issue and once again, didn't deliver...but when asked about it, make it like it's my problem and fault. Yep, they literally said so too.

Alternatively, when do YOU get a bit antsy and can't wait anymore for something, does it take years? :lol:

I used to get that way in months ha-ha. But now a days, I just don't buy much, and certainly nothing *new* unless it's from a dev or company that I know is gonna deal with it. :)

Currently I guess I'm kind of "impatiently" waiting for Zebra 3, but come on, I have Zebra 2.7, so really, I've got zero to complain about ha-ha. :hihi:

Your situation sounds much different though, and my advice is obvious, 1) try the demo, 2) don't expect any -fixes- if it doesn't work the way it said it would, or that you want it to. There are lots of fish in the plug-in sea, just move on until you find one that suits you right now. :)

Why did you wait 7 years?

Well, I didn't exactly wait for 7 years. I tried to work with the company back then to solve the issues I had and for months at that. But I just didn't see it going anywhere and along the process, lost totally the trust to the company as I didn't see them being honest with me. So I simply let it all go.

Then about 5 months ago I saw a topic where people were asking about this software and told about my experience with the company. Thing being, thru these years I've seen many other people have the same kind of problems with them. To me that is a clear warning sign, something people should be wary of. Especially so since even today the company does not offer a working demo for their software, so it's up to your trust of them and their promises.

In the emails that followed after the discussion, it was the company who wanted to finally at least send me the software CD I had bought from them 7 years ago but never received. It was promised to me by the end of July. Now that it has been about 5 months from those mails, and especially remembering my history with the company, I decided to ask what July did they actually mean, this year or some other? For that I got a response of me "apparently being impatient with my CD". :tu:

One time I waited 10,000 years for a refund and it turned out the company and the entire race went extinct. Last time I use challenge/response copy protection.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:One time I waited 10,000 years for a refund and it turned out the company and the entire race went extinct. Last time I use challenge/response copy protection.
:hihi:

Which company do you even talking about? Warning people without naming the dev?
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I'm not warning about any company right here, I think I've already done so where that has been specifically questioned. What I'm trying to do here instead is to question what would you do a in similar situation and at what point? Considering my situation which I offered as an example, I myself think I'm not being unreasonably impatient or too demanding...but like we already see from the responses, according to RunBeerRun for example, maybe I should've waited for 9,993 years more, so what do I know? Maybe he missed that I wasn't waiting anymore, but was brought back to the issue by the company itself. Then again, more probably he was joking, but I would also like to hear the "real" answer.

For me personally "I can't wait..." is almost a joke, but it is a positive saying anyways. When can you not wait, for real, nor should either?

Thanks Perimeter Sound, you got it and your advice is very good. Only reasonable one I think, unless you really can trust the other part or just don't care about the results, whatever they may be.

[edit] waxing philosophical, too serious...sorry about that people. Initiated by a music software at least but still more OT than any proper music discussion. RBR, I hope my initial response to you was not too inconsiderate, certainly not my intention. Just being too tight for a moment.

I don't know the details of your situation, but I'm not sure I would even want to use a product from a company that makes me wait for years, then for months, and then tells me that I'm impatient when I inquire about stuff several months after the promised date. I'd probably get some relief from telling them to shove the CD up their arse, and walk away from it all.

You certainly have more patience than I would muster. :)

I'm still interested to know which company you talking about. I can't see anything bad (for the community) to name them here. Regarding your question i don't know what you want to hear? Of course you are not impatient, thats not a question really.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:Which company do you even talking about? Warning people without naming the dev?
:?:

No real answers from me (on purpose), you don't get real answers in life spoonfed to you.

You either handle it as best as you can or you get melted.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

If someone says that they are going to do something simple with respect to who they are and what they do, and, they say that they are going to do it within a certain period of time, then I expect it precisely within that period of time, no exceptions.

So, for a firm with sales, I consider mailing a CD to be trivially simple. I would expect to receive it on or before July 31 and I would have stoked the fires on August 1st.

Tricky-Loops wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:Which company do you even talking about? Warning people without naming the dev?
:?:

Lol. I was thinking the same thing. Still waiting several months for a cd to arrive.

-Sam

They've had your money for 7 years and they have not delivered you the product you purchased?

You're not impatient - they are thieves. Name the name, shame them.

At the very least, they owe you your purchase price plus 7 years of interest - at your credit card company's APR.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”