I have a new logo and I want your opinion!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My first impression of your logo (on soundclound + twitter):

modern, slender, grinded, sterile, unemotional, robotic, stodgy.

So if you like these adjectives and your music is of that style,
and the word "griefer" implies exactly that - then it is perfectly
consistent. :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

planetearth wrote:The logo looks nice, but without knowing what it's supposed to represent, it's hard to say if it captures the "image" you intended. For example, what do the red "E"s represent?
ecstacy!
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

The 2nd one looks like it's in progress, has layers missing? The design in general looks ready.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

double post.
Last edited by Robmobius on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

chaosWyrM wrote:
arkmabat wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:
Trevor Jackson wrote:I think there should be some sort of mark to differentiate the E from the 3.
simply cutting off the rest of the r from the vertical line would mirror the "e" from the other side and imply its backwards and therefore a "3" since thats how hes spelling it.

like so:

Yes. Now cut little rectangles out of the letters to make them look a bit more digital.
hows this? i left the red solid as its what draws the eye... i figured keeping it solid would make it stand out even more.

I still think that the letters are too close. I don't like the way, on the second example, that the opacity on the white letters is inconsistent - looks bizarre imo.

Might be best for the original OP to get a professional font and rework it from there.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I like it...

Capital "R" is always a problem with these square fonts. There is no way to get a good angle on the descender and so it always destroys the symmetry. Instead I would try to use a lower-case "r": same height as all the other letters, but just a vertical and a top horizontal line. Try it. Everything will feel much cleaner and simpler.

Robmobius wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:
arkmabat wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:
Trevor Jackson wrote:I think there should be some sort of mark to differentiate the E from the 3.
simply cutting off the rest of the r from the vertical line would mirror the "e" from the other side and imply its backwards and therefore a "3" since thats how hes spelling it.

like so:

Yes. Now cut little rectangles out of the letters to make them look a bit more digital.
hows this? i left the red solid as its what draws the eye... i figured keeping it solid would make it stand out even more.

I still think that the letters are too close. I don't like the way, on the second example, that the opacity on the white letters is inconsistent - looks bizarre imo.

Might be best for the original OP to get a professional font and rework it from there.
ah well...i cant do anything about the spacing (well i could, but im not going to because i have nothing to do with this, i dont have the background image and im not sifting through 50,000 fonts figuring out which one this is...if i even have it).

the opacity is the same (100%) everywhere...all i did was apply a pixelate mosaic as suggested by arkambat. i dont really like it either, i dont hate it though.

but...i dont think the spacing is all that bad anyway. i mean spacing them out more isnt going to make it any better, and will only make the "e" and '3" that much less obvious by making them less anchored, they would loose whatever little mirroring ques they have now.

the pixelating...meh, it was a good idea, i just dont think it works too well.
ImageImageImage

You could glitch the image a bit and see how that turns out ?
http://www.airtightinteractive.com/2011 ... eglitcher/

Also if you feel a bit more creative you can always run it through http://www.befunky.com/

Both of those are free.
:borg:

if i was working on this...i would suggest using just the "g" (obviously much larger) and having the 3 red bars on either side of it.

something like this:

ImageImageImage

WOW!

Thank you all, using some of the feedback such as more spacing and just have the second 'E' (3) as red rather than both 'E's as red.

Again, I can't thank you all enough, the time you all took to figure improvements or just general feedback, it makes me really happy and thankful.

Also as I mentioned, I have finished the logo and personally I think it represents a modern style, has only the second 'E' as red, I figured that I have got to that point of where I don't want to do any more to it otherwise I may make the logo look not as good.

I got to also mention how grateful I am of those who went in some software and made adjustments to illustrate what I could do better, I think they are really cool ideas, however too complex for the look I want to achieve, I may review other feedback and newer feedback to see if there is that little bit I am missing to make the logo far more better.

Here is the newer logo, I include the Proof for copyrighting etc... and the normal white/black versions:
https://twitter.com/OFFICIALGRIEF3R/sta ... 0266644480

P.S. You can't full-screen the black version as it will just show black due to a bug with twitter.

spirit wrote:Capital "R" is always a problem with these square fonts. There is no way to get a good angle on the descender and so it always destroys the symmetry. Instead I would try to use a lower-case "r": same height as all the other letters, but just a vertical and a top horizontal line. Try it. Everything will feel much cleaner and simpler.
+1

Look:

lol...i cant get it out of my head that grief3r looks like a gamer handle. for that reason alone i like the capital R because it can be extended further and make the whole thing look like a gun.
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote:if i was working on this...i would suggest using just the "g" (obviously much larger) and having the 3 red bars on either side of it.

something like this:

I think this was the best one.

Not mad about the longer word version. To me it does'nt look pro. I'm not trying to be nasty here - Sorry just my opinion on it.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”