Why do you make music?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It keeps me sane IRL i think.
:borg:

Aloysius wrote:To heal the planet after Miley Cyrus.
Has she gone now? Is it safe to come out of my bunker?

Not music per se but excursions into sound...during such times I am less likely to be conscious of the voices in my head. Sometimes I get trapped in word land.

Have fun

Passing Bye wrote:Still playing in my imagination world :party:
Yep. Same here.

I don't really know. I suppose it is just a ritual dating back decades when, like many young people, I wanted to become a musician, but only could afford a single mediocre synth, no recording equipment or anything. Now with all that cheap software out there, the whole thing is much more accessible, but I doubt I have the talent and ambition it takes to really get anywhere. And I have a lot of spare time, so if I did not waste it on music, I would waste it on something else like sports or whatever. Since I don't have a family, I am not neglecting anyone, either. I guess if I had a family, I would all but give up music and dedicate my time and energy to them instead.

I don't have the choice to not to make music

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote:I don't have the choice to not to make music

peace
Same here ... it just keeps happening ( I really enjoy it too).

To lose myself, with no requirement to go anywhere.
Last edited by seismic1 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

To justify all the money I spent on gear. :D

'cause, you know... stuff.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Because it's the best thing in the world....

After sex.... ? :hihi: ¿

To free up a caged spirit.. do I need to say more?

• Because I like sound, music, and things that make sounds (official instruments or otherwise).

• Because I have a somewhat musical mind.

• Because I can (technology enables me to make real, legitimate, music, in spite of learning disabilities that stopped me learning music "legitimately"). The self-satisfaction is an important bit of self-actualization and agency.

• Because music tells stories. I'll never create a television series, and I'll probably never publish a book. Music, writing, and visual art have always been a part of my expression and I am deeply emotional. Music is a thing I can do mostly without collaborators (though I'd take them if we had compatible interests).

• Because occasionally someone is complementary toward my creations, and occasionally admits that being a creator makes me a bit more interesting a human being.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Fame and/or fortune.
ImageImageImageImage

Regnas wrote:Because it's the best thing in the world....
After sex.... ? :hihi: ¿
I don't always make music after sex. But I admit that when I do, it is pretty great. :lol:

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”