Is it the end for Soundcloud?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I read more and more articles about their financial troubles. Here's the latest one:

http://www.youredm.com/2015/07/24/sound ... -on-funds/

It doesn't look good...

I heard there is an issue that Soundcloud doesn't pay royalties for streamed audio but allows streaming DJ sets. For me it's just wrong and unneeded, but don't know how it relates to income.

For me service like Soundcloud has to be free for majority of users just to get large audience. There is not much point in having paid music hosting most of the world doesn't know about.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

If they hadn't totally TRASHED the site for content creators, they could've instituted a much better income on pay services.
Last edited by Jace-BeOS on Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

That site has been predicting the doom of Soundcloud for years. I suppose someday they might be right, but I'd take this with a grain of salt.

Beatport's got a streaming site now up, too, I have a few tracks on there, so I guess they are thinking of trying to take over the "streaming site for producers" niche.

There's an update about Soundcloud subscription model:

http://www.mixmag.net/read/soundcloud-w ... year-news/

I may remove all my music from there if they charge people's money to be able to hear it, but I'll wait to have more details before taking any decisions.

I don't get how Soundcloud is supposed to pay artists and labels, as the artists and labels themselves use Soundcloud for promotion. Yes, big arists already pay Souncloud for its service.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

From another source, apparently SoundCloud is low on cash:

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permali ... ces-report

I would have said that from the beginning, since they never made money at all. :lol:

I believe it's just the .... economical model. Many internet services are based on investors cash, who believe that someday their investment will make profit (ie. by selling service / website to someone else for 3453753736 $ :) ). Founders don't care about profit - they care about making user base, making service popular etc.

I would say that it's all about finding buyer :) Someday we'll see the news that xyz bought soundcloud and investors will make a profit.

D N A wrote:I believe it's just the .... economical model. Many internet services are based on investors cash, who believe that someday their investment will make profit (ie. by selling service / website to someone else for 3453753736 $ :) ). Founders don't care about profit - they care about making user base, making service popular etc.

I would say that it's all about finding buyer :) Someday we'll see the news that xyz bought soundcloud and investors will make a profit.
I could see that, it's also the time when I quit using it.
BC

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”