Seeking Advice For Bass Music/IDM Room Acoustics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there, just moved into a place that has some interesting dimensions and textures..

Right off the bat the ceiling is 8ft tall. The entrance is 3.1ft and to the left is a little 0.6 wall and beside that is a 2.5ft deep closet covered by a 3.11ft mirror slider door. To the right of the closet is a 1.7ft wall and to the right of that is a 5.10ft brick wall (to the ceiling) that goes in 1.6ft and to the right of that is a 4.6ft wall at which a 12.3ft wall connects (there is a 5.8x3.4ft width/height window), and connecting from that wall is a 13.9ft wall and connecting from that wall is 7.8ft wall and around the corner back to the entrance is a 2.9ft wall.

I don't know anything about brick and acoustics at all but basically I am going to buy focal cms 65's http://www.focal.com/canada/en/cms/166-cms-65.html (unless according to my room someone suggests smaller/bigger) and for acoustic treatment would you think that this would be enough?:

x3: Primacoustic Acoustic Solutions

Primacoustic Acoustic Solutions OR Primacoustic Acoustic Solutions ??

Basically Im asking you guys what I need acoustic treatment wise according to my room AND WHERE I SHOULD SET EVERYTHING UP! Maybe ceiling panels would be needed too etc?

THANK YOU!

I wouldn`t get into a 'I can fix it all' sort of thinking. If you just want to sink a lot of money into this, there are many companies that will take it from you.
I`ve been in large rooms and now in a small room. My advice is to just treat your length and width with general office acoustic panels to catch most mid/high freqs from reflecting back to your ears. Put down some carpet with maybe foam padding. Keep your monitors 3 to 5 ft. from your ears/seat.

Your monitors(near field)will be many times louder,perceptively,then any reflections off walls/ceiling. Your monitor bass response will most likely be not so low that you need to worry about any low-end standing waves becoming problematic.

Keep any desk/table like surfaces minimized between your ears and the monitors. Combing interference patterns can build up causing perception problems.

Set up your system then come back for feedback.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”