Basic spelling error in a $300 plug-in?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's a preset. You're reading the info for a preset... So, not exactly surprising it did slip by.

It's also probably very easy for them to fix it if you notify them. I've spotted many typos over the years on plugins, or manuals for various software. I've never received a negative response and each was fixed in an update later.

Anyways, I'm sure this is more fun, but just saying... I'm sure they'd appreciate getting notified so they could get it fixed. Regardless of price, it's still a bunch of humans running things, so yeah... mistakes are bound to happen. Well.... I assume they are human, but who knows.

Man, I could go in so many directions.

I think I'll choose "OMG, this is what bugs you please get a life" :hihi:

Spelling/grammar mistakes are all over the shop these days.
There's a TV ad about mis-sold loan insurance. There is the phrase "... possibly mis-sold to you and I." Should be "... you and me."
(The test is to take away the #you and#. Does it stillmmake sense?)
(miss sold? missold? :?)

Da way wez talkz now a enlush do not makes a deeefrance.

true dat.

Mushy Mushy wrote:That would bug me too.

However you've clearly never read a Roland manual :lol:
I kept some of mine for years after parting with the product, just for comic relief. They're almost like a Gary Larson cartoon dialogue, inexplicably tacked into a synth manual.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

mild_peril wrote:
3ee wrote:I once spotted a similar basic mistake on a NI compressor... GR meter, la2a

It's a bit late here, so my brain's a bit fuzzy, but do you mean the numerical markings on the Input/Output knobs?
My brain's relatively functional right now, caffeine level in green range. Nevertheless the error doesn't jump at me either. My bet would be the ratio scale with 'all'. What's the solution?

It's not the ratio control -- the 1176 has one button each for 4/8/12/20, but sometimes people would push all of them in at the same time which had its own characteristics. Or no buttons at all, which is what the "1" is in this case, just to get the character without compression.

(And yeah, I looked that up last night because I was wondering about it too.)

mild_peril wrote:I know this is really anal before I even start, but.. I've been using the Izotope Nectar 2 demo with a view to buy, and noticed this really basic spelling error earlier.

Is this acceptable in a $300 plug-in, or am I splitting hairs here?

I mean, how could this be missed if extensive testing was done, and I spotted it almost at first glance?

Meh.

It's a small typo.

The good news is the preset are accessible. If you'd like to fix it manually, you may open the .XML file in a text editor, such as TextWrangler, and simply add the 'r', and then save the .XML.

It's located in your iZotope presets folder.

Best,

Matt

Cheers Matt.

First world problems...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

mild_peril wrote:Is this acceptable in a $300 plug-in
Something that trivial? Yes.
or am I splitting hairs here?
Yes.
I mean, how could this be missed if extensive testing was done
Because 'testing' isnt 'proofreading' and even proofreaders and copy editors are human.
, and I spotted it almost at first glance?
If you actually think this is because you're innately capable of spotting all typos and suchlike at first glance 100% of the time, then you should consider a career as a proofreader, because very few people are that gifted.

Or more realistically, you were just lucky, and you regularly miss others all the time, like most people, including software developers.
I know this is really anal before I even start, but..
BTW, if that [the '..'] is meant to be an ellipsis, you 'spelled' it wrong. If not, you used two full stops instead od one. Im not sure if that's acceptable in a post complaining about a single typo in the description field of one isolated preset in a $300 plugin.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Look closer ;) -1 -2 ...
(anyway, bug fixed now but persisted quite a bit after NI had been notified)

Robmobius wrote:First world problems...
Indeed.

I much prefer that they get the actual bugs out of the program. A lost 'r' here and there I can live with.

Ironically, preset names for all kinds of gear are often intentionally mispelled to avoid legal issues.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

So if the preset has a wrong parameter then people won't care either. According to the law of nivellation.

I see you typo there whyterabbyt :)
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”