After Prince, more sad music news

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

incubus wrote:
sugo wrote:Maybe i am a little touchy, or don´t understand the american style of humor. But thats not funny. First it doesn`t keep respect to prince. And second it implies that someone prefer to see kanye west dead. But of course, i know lot of american people seems to like dying for a good thing. At least this is what lot of big hollywood movies told me.
Is that a joke?
This is my subjective and inconstant view. And maybe a succession of the imperialistically manner of an american state, whose society often seems to be influenced by violent glorifying media. Like in the film "divergent": "fraction is thicker than blood". I see a lot of movies from all over the world and nowhere else i saw violence so often shown in a nonreflective way. But, please don`t forget: My english is not the best, so esspecially in the i-net it's a good recipe for misunderstanding.
And no problem, if one american like to wipe this man away. It seems to be easy to get the right weapon in the USA, ...made in germany! :evil:
AH, i forget... Yes its a joke....maybe, include.
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

mumpcake wrote:Image
:lol:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

@sugo

I think you are onto something, though better rest the case: Hollywood is the heart of the US indoctrination. By the way, I never noticed a H'wood movie which had anything else to state than: "keep watching our movies and totally dumbify yourself."
8)

:hihi:
only wanted to provoke, like prince did.
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

Boardwalk wrote:@sugo

I think you are onto something, though better rest the case: Hollywood is the heart of the US indoctrination. By the way, I never noticed a H'wood movie which had anything else to state than: "keep watching our movies and totally dumbify yourself."
8)
Well Kanye is designed for the dumb masses
Amazon: why not use an alternative

When you google him and everything is about him dishing all over everyone else, what is there to like?

Sort of in his defense, though ..

A while back with the synthesizer cracking thing going on, I looked in to the character and I was impressed by the slew of records in which he's tagged as part of the production team (for example as the mixing engineer), see Discogs.com: https://www.discogs.com/artist/137880-K ... pe=Credits

The Wikipedia article about Kanye West also seems to do a good job of telling his story, a entertaining read (as a biography of a musician): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_West

And the anonymous founder of the Yeezian religion made a valid point about his musical output in a interview with the Vice: "When I was a teenager, I was a little lost and there were a lot of times I didn't have that person who was that underdog, who's coming up. And when he was coming up at first, the whole world was different. This was the George W. Bush-era where 50 Cent was the leader of the culture, and that whole jersey mentality, that whole gangster mentality was prevalent. And this guy, when he first came out, people were calling him gay because he would wear nice clothes." http://noisey.vice.com/blog/yeezianity- ... -interview I haven't made a thorough analysis of his lyrics (and probably won't), but I'm under the impression that he has been a succesful rapper without chatting about gun violence, gangbanging and drug abuse, which is a positive thing. Of course he could use his status and musical ability to say something truly meaningful through his art, but leaving those things out, it's still something.

Still to make a link to the late great Prince, the music service Tidal, of which West is a co-owner, hosted a "Purple Pick of the Week" series that Prince curated, mostly showcasing great songs by Prince. http://read.tidal.com/article/tag/purple-pick

I know society today is trying its hardest to be outraged by every little thing and I have to say that I respect the amount of effort it must take to do it, but I thought it was funny.

I don't see how the joke is being disrespectful to Prince. If anything, it's saying that people actually cared about Prince dying.

My father died of cancer and chances are I'll get it too (my health hasn't been the best lately either), but that doesn't mean there can't be cancer jokes.

@anything that sticks up for kanye: :lol:

Do I REALLY need to provide you with the overwhelming video evidence that he shits all over everyone and is a massive racist? (yes, that's right folks, it's not just "white people" ;) )

It doesn't really matter anymore though. We're about to have a tyrant for a president and people spend 5-10k a year on chronic are considered the smart ones. Who cares about some idiot rapper.

sugo wrote:
incubus wrote:
sugo wrote:Maybe i am a little touchy, or don´t understand the american style of humor. But thats not funny. First it doesn`t keep respect to prince. And second it implies that someone prefer to see kanye west dead. But of course, i know lot of american people seems to like dying for a good thing. At least this is what lot of big hollywood movies told me.
Is that a joke?
This is my subjective and inconstant view. And maybe a succession of the imperialistically manner of an american state, whose society often seems to be influenced by violent glorifying media. Like in the film "divergent": "fraction is thicker than blood". I see a lot of movies from all over the world and nowhere else i saw violence so often shown in a nonreflective way. But, please don`t forget: My english is not the best, so esspecially in the i-net it's a good recipe for misunderstanding.
And no problem, if one american like to wipe this man away. It seems to be easy to get the right weapon in the USA, ...made in germany! :evil:
AH, i forget... Yes its a joke....maybe, include.
Our movies are not an indication of all our people. Some of us find the same flaws in them as you. As for Kanye, he's just the flavor of the week to make fun of, he keeps it going by posting ridiculous, self-absorbed, rants on twitter.

spacekid wrote: As for Kanye, he's just the flavor of the week to make fun of, he keeps it going by posting ridiculous, self-absorbed, rants on twitter.
Yo, spacekid,
I'm really happy for you.
Imma let you finish, but

he's been sort of the flavor of the week object of derision since 2009 at least.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

mumpcake wrote:
spacekid wrote: As for Kanye, he's just the flavor of the week to make fun of, he keeps it going by posting ridiculous, self-absorbed, rants on twitter.
Yo, spacekid,
I'm really happy for you.
Imma let you finish, but

he's been sort of the flavor of the week object of derision since 2009 at least.
Sorry to hear you don't get my humor :tu:

Maybe our movies are not (after all, even a "based on" story isn't real life anyways :nutter: ) but our shit-awful reality shows are (like the apprentice)

Oh no, I know they are fake as f**k, I'm just saying that that is HOW people want to live and WHAT they want to watch.

For shame human race, all promise lost.

Lets hope Elton John and Bono are next...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:Lets hope Elton John and Bono are next...
Absolutely, those guys deserve to live more than kuntya.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”