What are you saving up for next?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just curious what people are saving their money for next. I've decided to start setting extra money aside for a new computer, because it's about time I upgraded. I'm actually thinking of a custom windows computer build next.
:borg:

oops! sorry, it is music related forum!

I don't have any specific plans at the moment, aside from waiting for the next Komplete.

There may still be a Volca FM in the future (despite the velocity mess) or a PreenFM2.

I like the idea of the Modulör114, but am running into space limitations again.

Softube Modular is a possibility.

As much as I hate the black keys, probably this:

I'm mostly planning on buying it because I think it would make a decent MIDI Controller for VA's. The fact that it's a VA itself, with some PPG waveforms too is just a bonus. Alternately, I keep thinking about this...

I feel like the Studio Logic will make a better controller, whereas the Prophet would be a better synth first, and controller second. Decisions....

Next I guess will be Strobe2, after that Valhalla Shimmer + Ubermod and Mpowersynth. Once I have those I will also invest in Project Sam Symphonic Essentials. After that I really have everything I need and I can make anything from Jazz, Rock, EDM to movie scores :D
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

V0RT3X wrote:Just curious what people are saving their money for next. I've decided to start setting extra money aside for a new computer, because it's about time I upgraded. I'm actually thinking of a custom windows computer build next.
Funnily enough, I have the exact same plan, only I'll be getting the components separately as I get enough money for them.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Dinner.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

AsPeeXXXVIII wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Just curious what people are saving their money for next. I've decided to start setting extra money aside for a new computer, because it's about time I upgraded. I'm actually thinking of a custom windows computer build next.
Funnily enough, I have the exact same plan, only I'll be getting the components separately as I get enough money for them.
I have about $5000.00 to spend right now and I am really tempted to go with the Mac Pro. I work with film production stuff and Final Cut Pro, so i might end up goin that route. My idea is to buy the base (trashcan) Mac pro option with the fully loaded video card system and then upgrade the CPU and memory as i get more funds.

I really want to start working with 4K video..

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:As much as I hate the black keys, probably this
Sledge: The Darth Vader edition :scared:

I hope Ben is saving up for some more bandwidth, KVR is quite slow of late :help:

Prophet 6 Rack
OB 6 Rack (when it's announced)
Komplete 11 Ultimate Upgrade
Maschine Studio Mk2 (when it's announced)
Updated Mac Pro (hopefully during WWDC)
Next Spectrasonics Release

superscan wrote:Prophet 6 Rack
OB 6 Rack (when it's announced)
Komplete 11 Ultimate Upgrade
Maschine Studio Mk2 (when it's announced)
Updated Mac Pro (hopefully during WWDC)
Next Spectrasonics Release

I would really like to own a Prophet 6 & OB-6 Desktop combo. The prophet is actually got a very "smooth" sound while the OB-6 brings a lot of attitude. It's quite a nice mixture IMO.

Then maybe a Analog Four and Analog Rytm and I'll be happy for a while..

Maybe another Mother-32

T-Rex Replicator, even though I'm perfectly happy with my Strymon emulation

Another eurorack enclosure
Mutable Instruments Clouds
Dave Rossum Morpheus filter
Updated O'tool scope module

Volca Sample and FM, for reasons which escape me at the moment

Software? Yeah, there's always that...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I'm thinking about an updated Macbook Pro and Focusrite Clarett 2 ( Thunderbolt ) . But I don't know kinda pricey . Windows needs some better mobile audio interface options .

Komplete 11/Kontakt 6 (whenever that's released)
Hartke Kickback KB12 (and many iterations of new bass strings)
Blackout Effectors Special Twosome Deluxe

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

Saving up for a very long road trip. After that - a MacBook Pro. Used.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”