Why do you make music!? (Name -3- vital reasons)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1,2,3 lets go!

sex
drugs
repeat #1

I am a robot.
I am a robot.
I am a robot.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Music? :roll: What's that? :?

I just collect plugins...

I know that typically this type of heart-felt post is often a thread killer here on KVR, but here goes, anyway.

I have only one reason: I am driven, on some molecular level, to learn how to create electronic music. I have no further explanation.

Backstory:

I am a beginner, though older than I care to say. A few years ago I stumbled across a Deadmau5 video on YouTube, the music spoke to me. Simply put, I was inspired.

Way back when, when I got my first PC, a brand new dual floppy off-brand thing, I bought a Casio midi keyboard and managed to get it attached to the computer. But, I couldn't figure out how to get a sound out of that computer. I didn't know I needed supporting software. The Internet did not exist as it does now. I didn't know anyone who was doing it, or where to go for more information. When I asked the music store guys about midi and computers their eyes got faraway and they just shrugged, same at the computer stores. I got discouraged and transitioned from console gaming to the PC with Bard's Tale, instead of music. While I had many incredibly time-wasting, fun experiences with gaming, the desire to make electronic music was still buried somewhere in my psyche. Anyway, Deadmau5' stuff just got right to that core and I said to myself: yeah, I think I can do this. And I have been trying to educate and equip myself to make that happen, ever since. I don't know where it will take me, or what if anything I ever create will be worth listening to, but I can't stop now.

I love this forum for being a place I can share that and learn. It feels good.

If you got this far, thanks for reading.

Ed.
Last edited by EdSevered on Tue May 24, 2016 3:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

- Because I like (certain) music
- Because I like making music
- Because I like messing with sounds

What I don't care about:
Popularity, fame, money, people

Am I a robot?
Does not compute.

Feckin
Arse
Biscuits

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

SpaceTraffic wrote:1,2,3 lets go!
Why do you?

e@rs wrote:Music? :roll: What's that? :?

+1

+1

+1

There! 3 reasons :scared:

1) I have to.
2) Life not making music is unimaginable.
3) Not making music is not an option.

Started playing guitar in '69, still playing, (still crap :shrug: ).

EdSevered wrote:I know that typically this type of heart-felt post is often a thread killer here on KVR, but here goes, anyway.

I have only one reason: I am driven, on some molecular level, to learn how to create electronic music. I have no further explanation.

Backstory:

I am a beginner, though older than I care to say. A few years ago I stumbled across a Deadmau5 video on YouTube, the music spoke to me. Simply put, I was inspired.

Way back when, when I got my first PC, a brand new dual floppy off-brand thing, I bought a Casio midi keyboard and managed to get it attached to the computer. But, I couldn't figure out how to get a sound out of that computer. I didn't know I needed supporting software. The Internet did not exist as it does now. I didn't know anyone who was doing it, or where to go for more information. When I asked the music store guys about midi and computers their eyes got faraway and they just shrugged, same at the computer stores. I got discouraged and transitioned from console gaming to the PC with Bard's Tale, instead of music. While I had many incredibly time-wasting, fun experiences with gaming, the desire to make electronic music was still buried somewhere in my psyche. Anyway, Deadmau5' stuff just got right to that core and I said to myself: yeah, i can do this. And I have been trying to educate and equip myself to make that happen, ever since. I don't know where it will take me, or what if anything I ever create will be worth listening to, but I can't stop now.

I love this forum for being a place I can share that and learn. It feels good.

If you got this far, thanks for reading.

Ed.
Nice story, thanks for sharing!

Ayorinde wrote:
SpaceTraffic wrote:1,2,3 lets go!
Why do you?
Escapism

Staying calm

Beating the -others-

Tomorrow I could feel otherwise...

Because Kraftwerk told me to

ein zwei drei vier

I have been Beethoven in the past and until now I could't stopp wanting to make it most impressive and touching with music.
So....... Did not create the most touching music jet.....may be.

I am not lying.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”