Why do you make music!? (Name -3- vital reasons)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. I am insane
2. World needs better music
3. You need to do something in your life, right?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

1. Because I absolutely love playing guitar in the morning
2. Because I absolutely love playing guitar in the afternoon
3. Because I absolutely love playing guitar at night
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

e@rs wrote:Music? :roll: What's that? :?

I just collect plugins...
True.. obviously it should be: "why do you want to make music!?" :P
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

1. It gives me an excuse to make weird sounds.

2. I like using it as a form of abstract expression.

3. It seems i can't stop doing it or thinking about.
:borg:

1 Therapy
2 Self Expression
3 Survival
Cancer took away everything ...stage 4 inoperable, incurable... living on borrowed time. I could give a rat's ass what anyone thinks of me or my "music"...I was given 6 months to a year to live...that was 2009. Chemo...Radiation...Opiates...Music. So to all you forum darlings who dismiss me or add me to their "foe" list ...f**k all y'all! You're just a bunch of self-righteous know it all's s**king your own d**ks.

1 : i know how to make it.
2 : i know what i want.
3 : i can and i can't.

It's the only thing I don't completely suck at :?

1-Because I get bored if I don't
2-Because it's "taylor made" to my taste
3-Because I can (meaning, I already spent a fortune on the instruments, so why not use them?)
www.youtube.com/Synthillator
er... keep on rocking (despite all obstacles :shrug: ) :band2:

- it was kind of my dream 35 years ago, but I could not afford the hardware back then; basically one of those dreams of one's youth that one clings to so one doesn't have to admit one hasn't achieved anything in life and never will
- I dislike modern music, so I can try and make what I want to hear
- boredom

1. I don't make music... music makes me.

2. Chicks.

3. More chicks.

i wanna jam, babay
making noises is fun
step-sequencing is its own reward

1. I love jamming, I love discovering great sounds, I enjoy the process of discovery constructing a track, I love the feeling when the track starts coming together, I enjoy the sense of accomplishment when it's done.
2. Nobody else is going to make this particular music, and somebody has to.
3. I'm on a mission from a goddess.

1. It is fun and stimulating and a nice break from all the normal BS I must do every day.
2. Because I can.
3. Because I used to have too much money and didn't know how to spend it so I figured music is a good way to burn money :hihi:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Each day spent in front of a blank arrange page offers me the possibilty to create anything and everything. It starts there, the great adventure. Each moment after that is an exciting journey that fills the minutes, hours, days... a life! It's not about the end result, fame or anything superficial but more about the process, discovering new ways of expression and ultimately surprising myself. Nobody ever needs to hear what I do, it's more than enough to be in the luxurious position - thanks to technology - to just create.
I don't have any other reason to make music.. it fulfills me conpletely:)

1. so i can at least pretend like i have a purpose in life
2. my wife thinks its hot
3. because i need to justify having spent all this money on gear and software

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”