Is it legal to sample a synth?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chaosWyrM wrote:no cops are ever going to bust down your door and cart you off in handcuffs because you sampled that bass.
I wouldn't be so certain about that as we head toward the future with things as they've been going ...

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndil/pr/ow ... fringement

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/f**k-e ... ades-11056
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

heloo wrote:Ok thanks.

Another question: What would happen if I take 2 synths so that you can not clearly hear that it is this and that synth?
It doesn't matter. Copyright is copyright ... if you infringe it you can be prosecuted. There's no way around it.
If you are determined to use that particular sample, you will need to get permission from the copyright owner to use it commercially, or take your chances.

hello friends i'd like to attract more people who want to talk about legal, in fact anything with legal in the title is what to talk about.

far, far better than actually using faculty of discernment to construe moral procedure is the idea that we can, by use of language, extricate some sort of viable cock shittery, like a shortcut, whereby we can fuckhole the entire place, simply because someone sort of said we could, or not exactly, by being imprecise with their wordages.

so please, less authentic activity, and more wheedling and conniving. we need legality for shitholes to discuss pointless bickering forever and keep them locked up on internet forums instead of being in the world and bothering people who are actually concerned with getting things done instead of cutting corners and getting a freebie on their tiny, tiny penissses.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

hth, you asinine destroyers of everything decent in life :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

oh, please bother me with more outageous expression of how we actually need legality to help me decide what to do things properly like a big stinking decomposed whale boner on a beach somewhere rotting straight to hell, because you can't even think because your head is so f**ked in with what you're supposed to do or not so all you think of is trying to bend the stupid shit.

under no circumstances is sampling anything illegal.

things that are illegal wind you up in trouble with law enforcement agencies and maybe land you in jail. sampling is a civil matter and can only land you in a law suit.

no cops are ever going to bust down your door and cart you off in handcuffs because you sampled that bass.
This.

I believe people are somewhat paranoid about "legal" and "illegal" if they live in a country where police can shoot you just for being black :roll:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

aciddose wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:no cops are ever going to bust down your door and cart you off in handcuffs because you sampled that bass.
I wouldn't be so certain about that as we head toward the future with things as they've been going ...

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndil/pr/ow ... fringement

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/f**k-e ... ades-11056

ummm...what are those?

the first one is about a guy running a file sharing site...the other, which i didnt even read...is an article from the onion (you do know the onion is a satirical website right?).

neither of those are relevant to this conversation in the least.
ImageImageImage

the bottom line here is that (at least in the united states) there is no law that prohibits one from sampling. therefore it is NOT illegal.

there are laws that provide a damaged party means to seek compensation should their work be used without permission...but that is the extent of it.

again...for simplicity:

no laws prohibit sampling.
ImageImageImage

@xoxos: someone asked a question, so he got an answer.

Is it illegal to cross the street when the traffic light is red?
Sure! But if you are the only one there, who cares...
Be creative. Sample whatever you want. But know the recording rights are not yours.

Search for "mod archive". No sample cleared there. Legal / illegal?
No buck to earn, so no lawyer cares...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Is it illegal to cross the street when the traffic light is red?
actually...no its not. its unlawful to cross the street when the light is red.

illegal = expressly prohibited by law
unlawful = not expressly permitted by law.

in the case of jaywalking...the laws say when you are allowed to cross...not when you cant. so, if you cross at a time not designated as a time to cross...it is unlawful.

whereas something like selling cocaine is illegal because there are laws that expressly say you cant sell cocaine.

seems a subtle difference...but a difference nonetheless.
:wink:
ImageImageImage

Semantics... Plz forgive my foreign toungue, ignorant of such subtleties.

You understood me very well nontheless.
legal : can do
illegal : can not do
grey area : use your brain and take responsibility.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Six blades.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”