iLok removed itself

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Today, I open my Fl Studio project and all my Softube plugins don't work because iLok mysteriously removed itself. I then check my program list (I'm on Windows 7) and it's not there anymore! How is this even possible?!

iLok is already a pain, but now it just slows me down in my work. Maybe I got hacked, dunno... :eek:

Edit: I restarted my computer and it came back. I think it's the third time I have problems with iLok plugins, don't know if it's because I choose to stick to Windows 7 (don't have any problems on my Windows 10 laptop).
Last edited by SampleScience on Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That sounds very alarming.

Sometimes the iLok Service fails to start for me on Windows 7.

Right click on Taskbar and select - Start Task Manager
On the Services Tab - Click on Services... (located bottom right)
Navigate tp 'PACE License Services' and start it if it's stopped.

If that doesn't work, then look elsewhere. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Thanks guys, it's now resolved but I'll think twice before buying Pace plugins.

SampleScience wrote:Thanks guys, it's now resolved but I'll think twice before buying Pace plugins.
Uhh, you are already down the rabbit hole, so what's there to think twice about?

I thought you meant the dongle had removed itself - now that would be worrying. :o :D

Ayorinde wrote:I thought you meant the dongle had removed itself - now that would be worrying. :o :D
How so? I mean what would that look like?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Been having the same problems here lately. iLok support have been awesome. They told me to try reinstalling the iLok programs and rebooting. Don't know what I would have done if they hadn't come through for me. Where do people get training like that? That's some serious IT skills right there. Anyway, enough of the lowest form of whit, reinstalling and a reboot has sorted me out so far but it has happened twice within the last month. A real pain for a genuine customer. I wouldn't touch iLok if I wasn't such a gear whore.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

camsr wrote:
SampleScience wrote:Thanks guys, it's now resolved but I'll think twice before buying Pace plugins.
Uhh, you are already down the rabbit hole, so what's there to think twice about?
So far, there's very few plugins I use that relies on Pace, it's only the Softube reverb, saturation and compressor plugins (3 plugins). If I load a project and they don't show up, no big deal as I can use other plugins to replace them and it will sound roughly the same (it won't be the exact same thing though). Now, imagine if I would use a synth relying on iLok to work, there's not much I could do if iLok decides to remove itself!

HunterKiller wrote:
Ayorinde wrote:I thought you meant the dongle had removed itself - now that would be worrying. :o :D
a dongle in your kitchen making a sandwich and a drink
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

:hihi: This should be very alarming
Hink wrote: a dongle in your kitchen making a sandwich and a drink
:D curaçao, probably

Hink wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:
a dongle in your kitchen making a sandwich and a drink
:lol:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”