New Metallica: 'Hardwired'

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VariKusBrainZ wrote:The composition style sounds like it was lifted from Kill 'em All but with more cheese
yeah.. my first thought too was "let's recycle some bits of older stuff".. which is still way better than anything they've done since "and justice for all" which is where i draw the line w/metallica.

but those lyrics.. :roll: i can only think of A tribe Called Quest "go get yourself some toilet paper cuz your lyrics is butt"

they should just make some instrumental versions or hire someone (15 yr old kid maybe) to write lyrics for James.

Numanoid wrote:Lyric is kind of laughable

We're so f*cked
Shit out of luck
Hardwired to self destruct

Yeah right, you are living on the street and sleeping rough?

How rich are these guys by now :roll:
I personally believe this is a reference to the general human race, be it with the environment, war, etc...
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Seeing how Lars Ulrich f*cked over Napster, that guy could be in for a cease and desist letter.
Lars has since apologized for that and said he regretted the whole thing immensely.
Why? I don't know the details of the thing, but, the way it is described on Wikipedia, it seems like a "fair enough" kind of thing? After all, Napster f***ed over the music industry really bad.
Last edited by chk071 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mushy Mushy wrote:I personally believe this is a reference to the general human race, be it with the environment, war, etc...
...and the one percenters surely are helping in that regard :P

They got half a billion dollars among themselves

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... ember.html

chk071 wrote:After all, Napster f***ed over the music industry really bad.
Yeah, that is also a possible way to look at it :hihi:

Numanoid wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:I personally believe this is a reference to the general human race, be it with the environment, war, etc...
...and the one percenters surely are helping in that regard :P

They got half a billion dollars among themselves

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... ember.html
So you think they should sing about private jets and yachts?

chk071 wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Seeing how Lars Ulrich f*cked over Napster, that guy could be in for a cease and desist letter.
Lars has since apologized for that and said he regretted the whole thing immensely.
Why? I don't know the details of the thing, but, the way it is described on Wikipedia, it seems like a "fair enough" kind of thing? After all, Napster f***ed over the music industry really bad.
They realised they were sueing their hardcore fans who supported them for years and years, only for more money, of which they had more than they ever needed.

As i've read, other artists sued Napster too, and there have been pirated downloads all over Napster. Don't see anything bad about it. The way i see it, it's not different to something like Pi rate B ay.

From my own experience, i remember Napster as a place where you can get warez and all kinds of sh**.
Last edited by chk071 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mushy Mushy wrote:So you think they should sing about private jets and yachts?
I would suggest a rewrite as follows:

We're all in luck
Life doesn't suck
Got a pocket full of bucks

Numanoid wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:So you think they should sing about private jets and yachts?
I would suggest a rewrite as follows:

We're all in luck
Life doesn't suck
Got a pocket full of bucks
Lol well played.

Kinda ghey and not metal though don'tya think ;)

Mushy Mushy wrote:Kinda ghey and not metal though don'tya think ;)
I dunno

Everybody in the music biz is dreaming about making it.

And then the guys who has really made it big, makes a point out of how much it all sucks anyhow.

It just comes across phoney and illogical to me.

Maybe it was James Hetfield they should have put on the bus from New York in '82 and not Dave Mustaine...

Numanoid wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Kinda ghey and not metal though don'tya think ;)
I dunno

Everybody in the music biz is dreaming about making it.

And then the guys who has really made it big, makes a point out of how much it all sucks anyhow.

It just comes across phoney and illogical to me.

Maybe it was James Hetfield they should have put on the bus from New York in '82 and not Dave Mustaine...
Do you think money protects against the environment, terrorism, Trump?

chk071 wrote:As i've read, other artists sued Napster too, and there have been pirated downloads all over Napster. Don't see anything bad about it. The way i see it, it's not different to something like Pi rate B ay.
Metal fans traded tapes in the 80's

How did Metallica for example come across obscure stuff like Diamond Head back in the early 80's if they didn't get it on a tape from a friend...?

Mushy Mushy wrote:Do you think money protects against the environment
Here in Norway we have been ordered to pay €10 everytime we take off with a plane from a Norwegian airport, to cover environmental costs, so yeah it seems money can pay for the environment.

When it comes to Trump, this one made me laugh, dunno if it is fake or real :lol:

Numanoid wrote:
chk071 wrote:As i've read, other artists sued Napster too, and there have been pirated downloads all over Napster. Don't see anything bad about it. The way i see it, it's not different to something like Pi rate B ay.
Metal fans traded tapes in the 80's

How did Metallica for example come across obscure stuff like Diamond Head back in the early 80's if they didn't get it on a tape from a friend...?
Well, that sounds like a free ticket to pirate anything.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”