So Bobby D got the prize

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bobby Z
Wanted to be
Somebody else
Like Dylan T
That drunken crazy cat
Now he’s Bobby D
Who used to be
Somebody else
To whom he
Can’t go back
Is there a lesson there?
Don’t know, don’t care
Nobel to a songster,
Strummer, hipster
Millionaire drifter
Not quite fair
But who’s complaining

Who won the prize
A hundred years ago?
Google lets us know
‘Twas one
Carl Gustaf Verner von Heidenstam
That’s a mouthful
His timeless words
Might Rival
Bobby Z’s
Or more likely
The other way around
Just sayin’

A truly Nobel-winning effort :-)

Not
stuck in a rut
in Duluth
he was bound
by Greyhound
for New York City
living gritty
wheelin' and dealin
sleeping on floors
knocking on doors
getting gigs
without electric rigs
fans crowded for a lyrical fix
from a man only five foot six

Forgot to add the chorus

Just like Jesus young Zimmerman
was a carpenter
carrying a cross
and just like the holy one
he would end up the boss

:phones: :D
Last edited by Numanoid on Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I think the Nobel comitee has to sign up to KVR :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

I didn't realize Bob came from Duluth

That is the same kind of backwoods I grew up in myself

Numanoid wrote:Not
stuck in a rut
in Duluth
he was bound
by Greyhound
for New York City
living gritty
wheelin' and dealin
sleeping on floors
knocking on doors
getting gigs
without electric rigs
fans crowded for a lyrical fix
from a man only five foot six

Forgot to add the chorus

Just like Jesus young Zimmerman
was a carpenter
carrying a cross
and just like the holy one
he would end up the boss

:phones: :D
Hey Numanoid, can I call you man for short? Yes? Hey man, what if someday some guy or gal who got good at writing music but sucks at writing lyrics and thinks your lyrics are better than anything that person could do and decided to steal your lyrics, would it be infringement if you didn't copyrighted it BEFORE the thieving songwriter stole it? Not that I myself plan to steal it. Just a random wondering. Impulse.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

harryupbabble wrote:would it be infringement if you didn't copyrighted it BEFORE the thieving songwriter stole it?
My advice is to "steal" at will :party:

I believe like Dave Gahan that "you aint been happenin' before you get bootlegged" :D

A member of the Swedish Academy has called Bob impolite and arrogant for not responding to his prize. But hey.. isn't that what RNR is about? :hihi:
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

Rappo Clappo wrote:A member of the Swedish Academy has called Bob impolite and arrogant for not responding to his prize. But hey.. isn't that what RNR is about? :hihi:
I thought that giving the prize to him, was a half-baked publicity stunt from the academy's part, like the equally (or worse) peace-prize choice.
That said, I'm not familiar with Dylan. I can't name any of the man's music or comment on his skills. I consider myself neutral towards him. But from what I have heard from people who are familiar with him, they suggest that this is in-line with his rebellious nature.

If he is protesting the academy's "poor choice", then I seriously admire the man for his honesty. Not many are willing to decline a prize like the Nobel, even if they disagree with it. They choose not to state their opinion and quietly accept it, all the while thinking that it should've gone to someone else.

From the academy, to give him the prize and then taunt him for not responding to them, that's a bit hypocrite and another kudos to Dylan for exposing them.

@Aryaroman

Well, Salman Rushdie was also nominated.. what were they thinking? Seriously, I understand Bob doesn't want to be associated with such writers.
Whoever is in the comittee, they certainly are out of touch with reality.
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

Rappo Clappo wrote:@Aryaroman

Well, Salman Rushdie was also nominated.. what were they thinking? Seriously, I understand Bob doesn't want to be associated with such writers.
Whoever is in the comittee, they certainly are out of touch with reality.
Out-of-touch with reality and hypocritical. Reminds me of some of my exes.

"Hey, Bob, me and my academy think you have been such a huge influence on America and that's why we want to give you this amazing international (actually mostly european!) award! Great, HUH? Whatcha say about that, HUH?"
"No response from Bob"
"Boobby...?"
"No response from Bob"
"You fu***ng arrogant and disrespectful fu**tard! Have you got no respect for OUR AMAZING PRIZE?! Well, fu** you then Bobby! Fu** you!!"

Aryaroman wrote: Out-of-touch with reality and hypocritical. Reminds me of some of my exes.

"Hey, Bob, me and my academy think you have been such a huge influence on America and that's why we want to give you this amazing international (actually mostly european!) award! Great, HUH? Whatcha say about that, HUH?"
"No response from Bob"
"Boobby...?"
"No response from Bob"
"You fu***ng arrogant and disrespectful fu**tard! Have you got no respect for OUR AMAZING PRIZE?! Well, fu** you then Bobby! Fu** you!!"
As a Swede myself I can only say well put :clap:
I always thought the committee for the Peace Award took the prize for being most out of touch. It seems the rot is spreading. Morons.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”