Dude, Females Don't Like Your Videos

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, yeah. I know my videos suck, my music suck. But hahaha it seems females mostly ignore my stuff. How about you guys who make videos. Is that the case too with you?

I was just about to post this at the "what made you laugh today" thread but I thought hey maybe I should do a survey instead in a separate thread. Anyways what I thought funny was: I rarely log in to my YouTube account but today I had the impulse to see what's happening with my account there at YouTube and when I looked at the Analytics section, I found that 94 percent of the people that watched my videos were male and 5.8 percent were female. And I am like hahaha what gender are the remaining 0.2 percent? Hermaphrodites? I guess that small percentage did not want to disclose their gender to YouTube.

But then it made me wonder: what the hell is going on? What videos are the females watching? Is my YouTube Analytics normal or super-abnormal? It also made me wonder what is the YouTube's total viewership made of, gender-wise. Is it pretty even? Like 50 percent male and 50 percent female?

So my survey is to those who make YouTube videos. What is your male/female viewership ratio? Also, please state if you are female or male.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Don't know 'bout yore videos but your posts pretty much all suck the bone of time. All of my 'gendered' aspects {either way} are of the same mind here.

Yeah that's what I think now. Females must be finding something offensive or uninteresting in my posts and videos. I'm trying to understand it and maybe remedy it? I am trying to find data in other video maker's stats. These are things I can't find answers to in Google.

What if the majority of people who watch music videos on Youtube are indeed male? As computer in general is rather a male's hobby, it wouldn't surprise me if it is like that too. How many people visit your videos though, and what kind of music do you make?

Also I would really like to know about Uproar24's YouTube Analytics. Uproar24 only makes videos about VST plugins. He/she tests VST plugins and his/her videos are all about that. If his stats is similar to mine, I may conclude that most females are not interested in music-making tools.

harryupbabble wrote: If his stats is similar to mine, I may conclude that most females are not interested in music-making tools.
Conclude all you want, but the only thing that could be provably accurate is that most people who have seen two specific sets of youtube videos that cover a very specific and tiny subset of a niche of one class of music making tools videos have identified as male on youtube.

Though why one would be sad enough to be bothered about the demographic breakdown of the couple-hundred people who've watched a video of someone fumble their way through a fiddle with a free plugin is beyond me.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

harryupbabble wrote:Yeah that's what I think now. Females must be finding something offensive or uninteresting in my posts and videos. I'm trying to understand it and maybe remedy it? I am trying to find data in other video maker's stats. These are things I can't find answers to in Google.
Where are you getting your stats? If you're getting them from Google/YouTube, keep in mind that unless women specify that they're female (in an on-line profile that Google can access), Google is only guessing at the sex of the person watching your video. And even at that, some women may choose to say they're male to avoid harassment. (If it's for a Gmail account, who cares which sex you choose--it's not a job application, for crying out loud.)

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

chk071 wrote:What if the majority of people who watch music videos on Youtube are indeed male? As computer in general is rather a male's hobby, it wouldn't surprise me if it is like that too. How many people visit your videos though, and what kind of music do you make?
I have a not so large viewership. About 147,000 total views. I try to make music that is similar to what's in my CD and mp3 collection. Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Cure, Pink Floyd. Many many bands from mostly the UK. Music that has lyrics. Songwriter stuff.

Females must be finding something offensive or uninteresting in my posts and videos. I'm trying to understand it and maybe remedy it?
Well, I actually do buy the concept that the brain itself can be more or less particularly gendered (which is not to say a biological male has to have a brain (or identity) to match, or vice versa). But this is to say that I expect the terrain presented to you by 'the female' may be tough for you to navigate (is this typical male behavior?), & your posts nicely illustrate it. You want 'females' as a group to be a simple matter it seems. Ok, some females are silly little bitches and some are like Lisa Randall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIPVuvurmCA

Maybe this example exemplifies complex female thought? 8)

But if you want to be super popular pandering to stereotypes, I can't you.

EDIT: 147,000? Of your channel featuring your own music vids. :?
Not the first time you've called a quite high number of views way too few views here. Links? AFAICT we have no means by which to locate these videos.
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

What is your male/female viewership ratio?

Mine is an even 50/50 split. That would be zero male and zero female.

I've had two trolls following me though.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I want to understand my environment. And that environment includes YouTube.
Not one example of stats? No video makers here? I like data. Accurate data preferable.

Aloysius wrote:I've had two trolls following me though.
Was it these guys again?

That's them. :hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

harryupbabble wrote: Accurate data preferable.
You're canvassing for people to work for you for free?
There's a point (in so many of your posts) where I really feel you have to be just f**king with us.

planetearth wrote:
harryupbabble wrote: Where are you getting your stats? If you're getting them from Google/YouTube, keep in mind that unless women specify that they're female (in an on-line profile that Google can access), Google is only guessing at the sex of the person watching your video. And even at that, some women may choose to say they're male to avoid harassment. (If it's for a Gmail account, who cares which sex you choose--it's not a job application, for crying out loud.)

Steve
When you sign up for a YouTube account you can let YouTube know what your gender is, put a check mark to that in the sign-up form.
I am guessing that people who falsify their gender is not the majority and not enough to affect my 95/5.8 male/female viewership stats.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”