Waves year end sales ends today...uh huh....and how long before the next one?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah! That's the spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!

incubus wrote:Ah! That's the spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah man, I just need two plugins that I want on sale at a better than average discount. I almost bit on the J37, but it was all by itself and that's no good because then you don't get that sweet super discount on the second plugin compounding the awesome sale price and then getting taken to the f**king mat with my super coupon!

Who's biting on that one knob crap?

Well, I got one for free a long time ago. It wasn't awful but I was over it pretty quick (loudness maybe? )

incubus wrote:Well, I got one for free a long time ago. It wasn't awful but I was over it pretty quick (loudness maybe? )
Yeah, I have the pumper. I don't use it really, I like AIR's pumper better. I'm actually not even saying that I wouldn't use them or wouldn't buy them, I'm saying who gives a crap about them at the sale price of $29 each, let alone whatever stupid price is on them normally.

I wouldn't even buy the entire collection of them for $29 unless I had a $20 waves coupon.

But that's nine bucks you could use for other things.......

incubus wrote:But that's nine bucks you could use for other things.......
This is a good point. However, it's rare when plugins sell for $1 (ish), so, I could probably buy every commercial plugin ever sold at that price and still not really make a dent in my budget.

Uncle E wrote:73% off Waves RS56 Abbey Road Curve Bender EQ, now $69 instead of $249 today only. Automatic extra discount in cart at JRR Shop:

https://www.jrrshop.com/waves-rs56

A passive equalizer with powerful sound-shaping capabilities, the RS56 Universal Tone Control was originally introduced in the early 1950s and used in Abbey Road Studios to prepare recordings for the record-lathe, as part of the process we now know as “mastering.” Later, Abbey Road’s pop engineers began using the RS56 for studio recordings because of its abilities to dramatically manipulate sound – unlike the basic treble and bass EQs found on the mixing consoles of the time. This earned it the nickname “The Curve Bender.”
Ok, I can only be so hard on this because it's a badass EQ. However, WAVES, I already have this so can I please get a nice weekend sale on things that I don't have already, kthx, bye.

The rest of you who don't have this, get on this bitch, and don't let all those knobs throw you off, it's easier than it looks!

20 buck discount today only? (grumpy cat) NO! :hihi:

incubus wrote:20 buck discount today only? (grumpy cat) NO! :hihi:
Yeah see, my coupon is worth more than that so I'm saving it for something cool. But I've wanted doppler for a while, so I snapped that up today. That was it though, that's all that they have on sale that I want.

I think that there's method to their madness. I think that their January sale choices were weak and they put out the coupon to bump up sales for the month.

I'm looking forward to better sales next month.

The one I want (and I know yesterday would have been a good day but I'm ANIT-GAS right now) is the BSS DPR-402. As strange as it sounds, I don't have a shitload of good comps in the VST world. MJUC is really good and versatile, but it's not as good as some of the reason RE comps I have.

incubus wrote:The one I want (and I know yesterday would have been a good day but I'm ANIT-GAS right now) is the BSS DPR-402. As strange as it sounds, I don't have a shitload of good comps in the VST world. MJUC is really good and versatile, but it's not as good as some of the reason RE comps I have.
I have not tried it. I'm not really fiending for anything in particular. I just like their modeling stuff and I want to use my coupon for two plugins at the same time to get the best value. So, I'm waiting for two of the plugins that are high quality and on my "I'd probably use that if I had it" list. If there was anything else really good on sale at the time of the J37 sale I would have bought that.

I'm starting to figure out their pattern though, I think. They change the major sale list monthly. Then the weekend offers are on the somewhat anemic side. The coupons are more common than I realized now that I'm paying attention. My guess is that they use those, as well as the one day only sales, to pump up sales volume towards the end of the month.

This weekend's plugs are the typical lame stuff. I think that in order to get two that I want, at least one of them needs to be in the regular monthly sale. The weekend sales never have two good plugins and, of course, the one day sales are always just the one plugin.

We'll see what February brings.

Oh, they're off-the-hook in the sales department :lol:

I saw a thread today about "bass rider" and I'm pretty sure that after I posted that they are not interested anymore (unless they play bass guitar)

Gas runs deep with their sales. I've done it TIME AFTER TIME. I ended up selling most of it :scared:

Heating up in February I see. Two good compressors on sale and even a few other things that I like. I'll wait for something really hot to go with them though. I'm not jumping just yet.

Every time Waves have a sale, I get reminded how little I've come to use their plugins. It's not that they are bad or anything. I think I just overlook them because of that Waveshell-thingy. Never understood the point of it.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:Every time Waves have a sale, I get reminded how little I've come to use their plugins. It's not that they are bad or anything. I think I just overlook them because of that Waveshell-thingy. Never understood the point of it.

/C
Yeah, I feel ya. I don't use their weak sauce plugins very often. I do use their modeling plugins though, and quite often. There are plenty of plugins that I never/seldom use. I'm sure that I still have plugins from quite a few vendors that I haven't used even once yet.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”