The I promise I will not buy more gear-thread (HaRd MoDe 2017)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

These summer sales are killing me with temptation for stuff I absolutely do not need. Damn you Plugin Alliance! Damn you Waves! Damn yous all to hell! You know what? Damn you Gabe Newell while we're at it. None of you bastards are getting a penny from me except the $10 I already spent on the Steam sale. Damnit.

Bombadil wrote:lol re: Miro II.

I left one of my guitars in Ireland this last trip, so I wouldn't have to bother shipping it there again next year. So, I seem to be missing that 1 - of - 19 guitars so much, I want to buy a bottom-of-the-line Taylor. :nutter:

As for the Miri.... heat wave is affecting my brain, apparently. :wheee:
Just get it, you deserve it.

neverwhere2410 wrote:Damn yous all to hell!
Obligatory gif:

ghettosynth wrote:Just get some shiny new housewares :love: you deserve it.
Fixed it for ya' :hihi:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

incubus wrote:
neverwhere2410 wrote:Damn yous all to hell!
Obligatory gif:

Literally me in my inbox. :lol:

ghettosynth wrote:
Bombadil wrote:lol re: Miro II.

I left one of my guitars in Ireland this last trip, so I wouldn't have to bother shipping it there again next year. So, I seem to be missing that 1 - of - 19 guitars so much, I want to buy a bottom-of-the-line Taylor. :nutter:

As for the Miri.... heat wave is affecting my brain, apparently. :wheee:
Just get it, you deserve it.
*makes mental note* ghettosynth is a GAS enabler. Or he hates me. I wouldn't wish Miro II on anyone! :hihi:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:ghettosynth is a GAS enabler.
'Troll' is easier to type :shrug:

Ok, so...I've used my wildcard. I got the Reaktor 6 upgrade, so that was not a surprise.

It occurred to me that the discount being available in summer might mean it won't come around again at the end of the year (It wasn't available last xmas). I also figured that one of the only other things I would like - Repro-5 upgrade - will be cheap enough to buy, whenever I choose to get it. Of course, I will have to wait till the new year :ud:

Anyway, no celebration yet - Native access is refusing to allow me to properly register either the main program, or the user/blocks library's, so I am still having to use everything in demo mode. So, that's happening :(

Hmmm, the new Octatrack looks fantastic. I thought I was strong but that thing came out of nowhere.

Otherwise I'm doing fine. :)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Ok, so...I've used my wildcard. I got the Reaktor 6 upgrade, so that was not a surprise.

It occurred to me that the discount being available in summer might mean it won't come around again at the end of the year (It wasn't available last xmas). I also figured that one of the only other things I would like - Repro-5 upgrade - will be cheap enough to buy, whenever I choose to get it. Of course, I will have to wait till the new year :ud:

Anyway, no celebration yet - Native access is refusing to allow me to properly register either the main program, or the user/blocks library's, so I am still having to use everything in demo mode. So, that's happening :(

You've done well my vegetarian neighbor, but it's only July 2nd. So........

I was close to buying the Synthmaster 1+2 bundle last night. Only $90! Around €85. I am still debating it. Best if I just go play with Alchemy or Omnisphere. There's enough synth stuff there to do me ok.

The other thing was the thread 'What's the best Fender Twin emulation?' Oooh, only $39! I find the Amplitube Fender Twin a bit anemic, which it shouldn't be, given that a real Twin can blow out windows.

Shit's gotten real.... :hihi:

EDIT: I'm out. Just bought Synthmaster 2.8.10. :clown: It was a deal I couldn't refuse.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:Best if I just go play with Alchemy or Omnisphere.
It's a technique that has stopped me buying many things :tu: However, it's not a technique I even needed to curb any desire to own Synthmaster. Each to his own, I guess.

Shame to lose ya, but have fun with your goodies

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Repro-5 upgrade - will be cheap enough to buy
Urs @ twitter wrote:Once Repro-5 comes out there'll just be "u-he Repro" containing 1 & 5. Owners of Repro-1 will be upgraded automatically.
If you already own Repro-1, then there's no need to save any cash.
Just give in to the GAS. You know you want to. :D
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

#rob wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Repro-5 upgrade - will be cheap enough to buy
Urs @ twitter wrote:Once Repro-5 comes out there'll just be "u-he Repro" containing 1 & 5. Owners of Repro-1 will be upgraded automatically.
If you already own Repro-1, then there's no need to save any cash.
Just give in to the GAS. You know you want to. :D
Well, I've already 'spent' my wildcard, so any upgrade price would've meant me having to wait till January. However, from what you have posted, that won't be an issue (Free upgrades were never against the rules).

Either way, this is excellent news. I really like Repro-1, and can't wait for the extra love.

Many thanks! :tu:

Ruh-roh.... I've unleashed the monster within! I just got the Synthmaster One program for a $20 crossgrade price.

Ahh, addiction! "One is too many, and a thousand is never enough!" :help: :hihi:
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”