The promise I will buy more gear-thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Eh, between Kermit and Piston Honda, and the option to install Sheep, I'll be all set for wavetables.

...although, now that I've been pointed at this thing, a few more demos might convince me to get instead of PH. Or along with it, who knows. :D

Not sure if with the latest posts, but if I'm on target:

https://www.amazon.com/Z-Line-Designs-Z ... 6461716011

What I like about it is that it has a good footprint, allows for a variety of setups, wasn't expensive and is built well. Sorry if I was off target.

More, more, more and then more :hihi:

Next up, can't say, but it's going well so far (demo demo demo, then demo and demo some more)

Just picked up Softube Volume one, caved in the last few hours of the sale :D Although I will probably regret it later this month it was just too tempting...
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

incubus wrote:Not sure if with the latest posts, but if I'm on target:

What I like about it is that it has a good footprint, allows for a variety of setups, wasn't expensive and is built well. Sorry if I was off target.
Hey incubus, that's a good looking and nicely priced desk...any review/feedback or buyer's remorse?
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

EdSevered wrote:

Hey incubus, that's a good looking and nicely priced desk...any review/feedback or buyer's remorse?

Nope. It's f...ing fantastic. Big, reasonably easy to assemble (a lot of parts! :o ) and has stood the test of time. I love being able to roll it out and clean the schmegma that accumulates with a computer/dust/etc :lol:

It's a home-run as far as I'm concerned :)

incubus wrote:
EdSevered wrote:

Nope. It's f...ing fantastic. Big, reasonably easy to assemble (a lot of parts! :o ) and has stood the test of time. I love being able to roll it out and clean the schmegma that accumulates with a computer/dust/etc :lol:

It's a home-run as far as I'm concerned :)
Thanks for your insights, I might just order one.
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

Well, everyone is different, but it's been great.

Desks are TOUGH imo. They are either lame and don't give any layout options, or so f**king expensive, I struggled.

It's lovely having the large glass top. It's nice to be able to see under it. Maybe you can relate to that. The pullout keyboard is sturdy (relatively) and has tons of room. I have my mouse, keyboard, babyface pro and mxr bass pre on it with no crowding. The there is the monitor section above. Now, I'm a boring headphone person, but you could easily put nice monitors to each side (I have a 27" screen in the middle, plenty of room, I have a lamp on one side, and a cat usually looking out the window on the other :lol: )

There is a cutout at the bottom so that something like a "helix" or floor pedals will work easily. There is a SHITLOAD of room on the bottom, for whatever you want (obviously a computer in my case)

And I have my "ipad" holder which sucks to the glass for hosts like reason and fl studio.

Not trying to sell you, and maybe you'd hate it, but it fits like a glove here and it's solid. It's not rattly or flimsy.

Of course I say this, and the thing will fall apart at the seems this week :lol:

I picked up a WMD Synchrodyne Expand...

These two modules are almost 1/4 of the space and 1/3 of the cost of my modular system right now, but totally worth it. :borg: :wheee:
Last edited by foosnark on Fri May 26, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I bought a software reverb today. Hope it counts...

foosnark wrote:Hey big spenders!

Today is National Buy A Musical Instrument Day, so buy a musical instrument today!

Dang, I bought stuff last Monday. (A Division-6 Dual Mini Sequencer kit and a Bishop's Miscellany kit, and three Sloth PCBs, FWIW)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

foosnark wrote:Hey big spenders!

Today is National Buy A Musical Instrument Day, so buy a musical instrument today!

If you don't live in the US, under other circumstances/presidents I might say you can pretend to be American for a day, but really it's probably best to just skip that part and move right along to buying a musical instrument. In fact I may just pretend to be from Denmark or something.

I picked up a WMD Synchrodyne Expand for my Eurorack, which fills my second row (and then some... I need to sell EMW Arcade Noise now). Even though I wasn't going to buy anything else until Knobcon, I took one for the team. :D
I'd love a new guitar.

Nah, I'll wait until I win the lottery.

e@rs wrote:I bought a software reverb today. Hope it counts...
Oh, it ALL counts!
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

For the hell of it, I decided to demo a couple of the IK "Mesa" amps. Quite a bit of meh, but the Mark IV held it's own and I had some jam points, so ....

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”