Depeche is back

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Politics is kinda making me " Yawn " at the moment .... DM should stick to drug addiction songs and sex stuff ...

I know what you mean. On the other hand it says A LOT about the current global zeitgeist, when even an apolitical band like DM starts to sing about revolution.

yeah, music is about escapism, apathy, and indifference after all. Lets get back to it...

https://www.facebook.com/DoucheyKen/vid ... =2&theater

Really disappointing - the song really is pretty terrible. DM's strength was never lyrics but these are really bad lyrics.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

DM (drugs, brexit, Trump, Hitler, electronics, U.S.A., priests etc.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYZU_Wh4s1A

do_androids_dream wrote:Really disappointing - the song really is pretty terrible. DM's strength was never lyrics but these are really bad lyrics.
+1 at least they can go on tour now ... To be honest U2 , the Cure , and Depeche Mode have all kind of fizzled out musically .... I'll be fair and say Metallica too ...

Well, they say it's better to burn out than fade away ..... oh ffs, I'm waiting for HIM to fade away too :lol: (and take your "algorithms" with you :hihi: )

Forgive me, but didn't they just "come back" recently?

incubus wrote:Well, they say it's better to burn out than fade away ..... oh ffs, I'm waiting for HIM to fade away too :lol: (and take your "algorithms" with you :hihi: )

Forgive me, but didn't they just "come back" recently?
Never heard of HIM are they any good ?? :hihi:

Neil "I'm so crazy about stuff debunked years ago on kvr" Young? I just assumed everyone knew :hihi:

Not a big Neil Young fan and living in Alabama apparently Lynrd Skynyrd don't the like the guy either ..Hahahaha ... Actually Neil had some nice acoustic songs early on though ....

I appreciate the sentiment of the song, particularly at a time like this. And they were never apolitical. Just listen to any of their early albums.

Sadly, I have to say that the new song falls pretty flat for me too. The orchestration, the timing, the sad pastiche of their previous work... but at least their heart is in the right place.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

The bridge sounds very DM ("the train is coming")

Sounds like Depeche Mode to me. :ud:

fedexnman wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:Really disappointing - the song really is pretty terrible. DM's strength was never lyrics but these are really bad lyrics.
+1 at least they can go on tour now ... To be honest U2 , the Cure , and Depeche Mode have all kind of fizzled out musically .... I'll be fair and say Metallica too ...
Metallica TOO? I'd say they're at the top of the list. I stopped liking them after they threw a tantrum over Newsted and got a shitty rebound bass player. Trujillo is an overrated pile of shit.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”