What's not like about Kenny G?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guy is seriously out of phase.

chk071 wrote:Guy is seriously out of phase.
That's all well and good, but what about the hair?

Most misunderstood ( in all senses) South Park character, that's for sure
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Due to his instrument, his music sounds a bit repetitive in my view. But I still like Songbird a lot.

He needs more cowbell.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
chk071 wrote:Guy is seriously out of phase.
That's all well and good, but what about the hair?
Yep hair's out of phase as well!

Smashin saxophonist though!

don1thedon wrote: Smashin saxophonist though!
I wouldn't call that thing he plays a sax :hihi:

More like a pied pipe :ud:

When it comes to Kenny G, I'm of the same opinion as Pat Metheny.

http://www.jazzoasis.com/methenyonkennyg.htm
Pat Metheny wrote:...Not long ago, Kenny G put out a recording where he overdubbed himself on top of a 30+ year old Louis Armstrong record, the track "What a Wonderful World". With this single move, Kenny G became one of the few people on earth I can say that I really can't use at all - as a man, for his incredible arrogance to even consider such a thing, and as a musician, for presuming to share the stage with the single most important figure in our music...

...But when Kenny G decided that it was appropriate for him to defile the music of the man who is probably the greatest jazz musician that has ever lived by spewing his lame-ass, jive, pseudo bluesy, out-of-tune, noodling, wimped out, f**ked up playing all over one of the great Louis's tracks (even one of his lesser ones), he did something that I would not have imagined possible. He, in one move, through his unbelievably pretentious and calloused musical decision to embark on this most cynical of musical paths, shit all over the graves of all the musicians past and present who have risked their lives by going out there on the road for years and years developing their own music inspired by the standards of grace that Louis Armstrong brought to every single note he played over an amazing lifetime as a musician. By disrespecting Louis, his legacy and by default, everyone who has ever tried to do something positive with improvised music and what it can be, Kenny G has created a new low point in modern culture - something that we all should be totally embarrassed about - and afraid of. We ignore this, "let it slide", at our own peril...

Andywanders wrote:When it comes to Kenny G, I'm of the same opinion as Pat Metheny.

http://www.jazzoasis.com/methenyonkennyg.htm
Pat Metheny wrote:...Not long ago, Kenny G put out a recording where he overdubbed himself on top of a 30+ year old Louis Armstrong record, the track "What a Wonderful World". With this single move, Kenny G became one of the few people on earth I can say that I really can't use at all - as a man, for his incredible arrogance to even consider such a thing, and as a musician, for presuming to share the stage with the single most important figure in our music...

...But when Kenny G decided that it was appropriate for him to defile the music of the man who is probably the greatest jazz musician that has ever lived by spewing his lame-ass, jive, pseudo bluesy, out-of-tune, noodling, wimped out, f**ked up playing all over one of the great Louis's tracks (even one of his lesser ones), he did something that I would not have imagined possible. He, in one move, through his unbelievably pretentious and calloused musical decision to embark on this most cynical of musical paths, shit all over the graves of all the musicians past and present who have risked their lives by going out there on the road for years and years developing their own music inspired by the standards of grace that Louis Armstrong brought to every single note he played over an amazing lifetime as a musician. By disrespecting Louis, his legacy and by default, everyone who has ever tried to do something positive with improvised music and what it can be, Kenny G has created a new low point in modern culture - something that we all should be totally embarrassed about - and afraid of. We ignore this, "let it slide", at our own peril...
:o :o I can probably close the thread; Ain't nobody gonna top that :lol: :lol:

I love Pat, but I would never in a million years have guessed he was capable of such vitriol.

Hilarious!! :tu:

I'm with Pat on this one ...

Meh, still not as bad as the way divas completely butcher our National Anthem at sporting events day in and day out.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Well, national anthems are musically crappy to begin with, that's their nature ^^

But I am also a bit shocked about Metheny's statements, I assume the two are not friends :hihi: It's unusual for artists to talk that way about their colleagues.

To me those two are actually similar in that I like one tune of each, while considering all the rest mediocre.

I love everything about Kenny G except his saxophone playing and his wig.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Oh my, I hadn't seen the Everything Else forum overview in a while, it is flooded with What's not to like about xyz? threads :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”