What's not to like about your own Awesome Music?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

for me the one thing not to like about my music is my mixes, I dont believe my mixing skills are good at all. I keep working on them, I have more time now and tbh my production is really increasing lately so I'm getting more practice. However I have the good fortune to have a few very accomplished mixing and mastering engineers who have offered to give me beyond good deals on services, if I ever reach the point where I feel I have an album happening I would surely take them up on it.

Meanwhile I keep playing, hitting record much more often and really enjoying my new studio which isn't perfect (treatment wise) but it's getting better and by far the best I ever had. But my mixing skills, dismal :?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:for me the one thing not to like about my music is my mixes, I dont believe my mixing skills are good at all. I keep working on them, I have more time now and tbh my production is really increasing lately so I'm getting more practice. However I have the good fortune to have a few very accomplished mixing and mastering engineers who have offered to give me beyond good deals on services, if I ever reach the point where I feel I have an album happening I would surely take them up on it.

Meanwhile I keep playing, hitting record much more often and really enjoying my new studio which isn't perfect (treatment wise) but it's getting better and by far the best I ever had. But my mixing skills, dismal :?

Have you participated in the mix challenge?

ghettosynth wrote:
Hink wrote:for me the one thing not to like about my music is my mixes, I dont believe my mixing skills are good at all. I keep working on them, I have more time now and tbh my production is really increasing lately so I'm getting more practice. However I have the good fortune to have a few very accomplished mixing and mastering engineers who have offered to give me beyond good deals on services, if I ever reach the point where I feel I have an album happening I would surely take them up on it.

Have you participated in the mix challenge?
right after the beauty contest ;)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

:hihi:

To parrot above posts. I struggle with getting it to sound as good outside my monitors. The main issue is liking complex layers of sound, which means spending the time to EQ out clashing frequencies, and spending time on volume balance. It has helped tremendously to spend time with Room EQ Wizard then correcting the room, A/B-ing against tracks I like the mix of, and a recent purchase of ARC System etc. Now if I can stop adding low end bass, keep kicks and cello to the same track I should do OK! :hihi:

If only Dokken, The Beatles, Milli Vanilli, Neil Diamond and Kenny G could make guest appearances, it would be perfect.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:If only Dokken, The Beatles, Milli Vanilli, Neil Diamond and Kenny G could make guest appearances, it would be perfect.
:lol:

Perhaps Milli Vanilli already have and you don't know.

It's usually alright until you get to the unimportant singing and guitar bits.

https://xoxos.bandcamp.com/track/let-that-shit-go

basically, that when you recognise what you're listening to,

you will deny it.

https://xoxos.bandcamp.com/track/bang-on-your-ear

try to get treatment
luxury version
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

donkey tugger wrote:It's usually alright until you get to the unimportant singing and guitar bits.

Those bits are overrated.

ghettosynth wrote:
donkey tugger wrote:It's usually alright until you get to the unimportant singing and guitar bits.

I owe you an apology GS, my sarcasm got the better of me earlier. Compy also suggested the mix challenge and it's a good idea. I can learn from how others mix my songs :)

Hink wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

I owe you an apology GS, my sarcasm got the better of me earlier. Compy also suggested the mix challenge and it's a good idea. I can learn from how others mix my songs :)

LOL! GTFOH! An apology for a snappy comment? You don't owe me shit. But yeah, that's what I meant, submit one of your mixes and learn from how others mix your work.

...the screeching highs. They are somehow not satin xD

https://m.soundcloud.com/hardock/copt-r

I need to build up basic skills to get that right somehow.

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:I am my own harshest critic. I'm like Simon Cowell judging himself in the mirror: "That is worst selection of clothes I have ever seen. What were you thinking? I'm afraid it's just horrible. It's a no from me."
<said slowly, and dripping with snark>

What was that?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”