Does KVR mainly turn your creativity on or off?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For my part, mainly off especially flamewars and other kinds of destructive discussions. However, I have noticed that sometimes the chance to praise a favorite instrument kind of urge me to actually use it correspondingly. Lately I have been inspired to go 100% itb with my MC909 just to prove some points I made about workstations to myself. It plays out like a self-fulfilling prophecy and that is rather cool. Almost makes the rest of the time spent here worth it.

So how does KVR affect your creativity?

Neither nor, i would say. Of course, one could argue that one could do more productive things instead, but, frankly, i wouldn't want to miss the kind of info, knowledge, and also opinions you can gather here.

It used to. Now I already know enough and have enough tools (and toys) to create tons of music... so I should be doing that instead of browsing KVR :P
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

For me it's a 2 step thing. Some times I come across a topic here about some plugin that I perhaps already have, or even one that I don't have. In both cases it can make me look into that specific plugin more closely and that can trigger my creativity.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

I really enjoy the threads where there is a genuine exchange of knowledge and experience. Learning inspires me. Though, there seems to be very few threads where someone doesn't go off-the-rails ranting and raving about something or someone. The negative dialog is NOT inspiring. Such is life, I guess.
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

KVR is mostly a marketplace for me; hear about new products or offers. It more impacts my wallet than my output.

The discussions here usually turn into pissing contests too quickly, and those contests are more about personality and ego than any substantive difference in point of view or opinion, yielding little in the way of actual information.

Worse yet is when I find myself posting up something, thinking telling someone what kind of dork they are is gonna change anything. That's not helping to raise the bar nor do the dorks GAF what I think about them anyhow.

TLDR: not much impact one way or the other on creativity other than lost time.

social media has naught to do with it for me.

IncarnateX wrote:So how does KVR affect your creativity?
It turns me on wanting to try out new things.

29/71 either way.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

We are supposed to be creative ? :o

It doesn't have any negative effect on my creativity. Usually when I read it, it's at work; otherwise it doesn't really get in the way of music making. (105 tracks done so far in 2017; a little forum reading isn't holding me back.)

Sometimes it gives me, or indirectly leads to, an idea to try. More often it points me at plugins or hardware to check out, which sometimes leads to a creative boost.

KVR is a good learning tool and a great source of the finding out what is current and available.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

:neutral:

chk071 wrote:Neither nor, i would say.
Seconded. I'm not really an active poster here to begin with, but I do find some interesting discussions here once in a while.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

foosnark wrote:...(105 tracks done so far in 2017...
WOW
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”